Menu
Mikelaw
Joining in
Message 101 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Thanks for your reply Paul.

I've tried different cables and ports today, and the problem hasn't gone away. Also unplugging everything and powering down, then restarting it all. 

Do you have any other suggestions you can offer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 102 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thank you for coming back to me, I am sorry what I advised din't work.

I have ran some diagnostic checks on your account and it shows a technician is required, I have booked a technician for tomorrow between 12pm and 4 pm, if this isn't convenient please let me know and I will reschedule it for you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Mikelaw
Joining in
Message 103 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thank you, I am happy to be here for an appointment tomorrow between 12 and 4 - thanks again for your help.

M

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 104 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

You are very welcome,if you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Mikelaw
Joining in
Message 105 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

The engineer visited on Friday as arranged but the problem with pixellation is ongoing.

I’ve sent you a private message about what we might do next to find a solution.

Please get back to me when you can.

thanks

0 Kudos
Robin133
Joining in
Message 106 of 121
Flag for a moderator

We’ve been experiencing pixellation on live tv and recordings (presumably the box records what is being sent down the line) in Nottingham for the past 4 weeks and it’s getting worse.  HD channels are the worse.
Personally fed up with the lack of resolution despite a tech visit for WiFi fault a month ago and call to 150. Why they think they can resolve my TV problem remotely I don’t fully understand.

Of course it looks OK from where you are because it’s an intermittent problem and probably stopped by the time I get through the multiple choice options to actually speak to someone. 

I will give it one more month for you to sort out Virgin, or I’ll be cancelling and at least avoid the ever increasing prices for an ever decreasing service. 
Tivo in one room and V6 in another - both with the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Mikelaw
Joining in
Message 107 of 121
Flag for a moderator

I had an engineer visit last Friday and he replaced an ancient component in the wall plate, saying it might fix the problem and that he would replace the v6 as a last resort, something I wasn’t enthusiastic about because it didn’t seem like a fault with the box to me. After the visit the pixellation continued over the weekend- mainly in the evenings but I did see it during the days too. On Monday I was home from work and the tv service was poor during the day again, and my broadband was also down for the whole day, I assume through the night too because it was still off on Tuesday morning. I’ve been having an increasing number of short broadband outages, an hour or two a few times a week, during the same period the tv service has been worsening, but having a whole day’s outage is a new thing. No faults were being reported on the service status page for tv or broadband, I didn’t call 150 hoping it would all fix itself. I restarted everything and unplugged and reconnected it all, and since then everything has been fine- no broadband outages and no pixellation that I’ve seen on tv. 

I don’t know whether anything was changed remotely but I guess for now I am happy to take no further actions. I’m just glad I never switched out the box because it doesn’t really seem as if that was the fault here.

0 Kudos
ScenicPaul
On our wavelength
Message 108 of 121
Flag for a moderator

We're having same problems as others have reported. Mainly on BBC and ITV although it was originally more noticeable on programs we had recorded. As suggested by others we have checked all connections and unplugged and restarted everything. Broadband seems ok so it's just the tv that is mucking around. Any ideas?   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 109 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Hi ScenicPaul, 

Thanks for your post, 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the TV, I've run a health check of your account this morning, and a couple of the tuners and input levels on the box are out of spec.

I'll need to arrange an engineer to come and take a closer look, so I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Ken_JT
Joining in
Message 110 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Same here I'm sorry to say, 50% of channels are now affected by pixilation, more so HD ones.

Gone through the same procedures as everyone else seems to have done, new HDMI cable etc, etc but no joy. HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos