Menu
MidwichG
Tuning in
Message 71 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Hi Rose_B 

I replied to your private email with my account details. 

This is an example of the picture quality I am getting at various times through the day...

21752131_10154806685516073_1807410991980668616_n.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 72 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Hi MidwichG,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have been able to locate your account and this is something that the engineer will need to take a look at.

I can see your appointment has been booked so please keep us updated 

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MidwichG
Tuning in
Message 73 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Does my feed look strong from your end Rose?

Are your instruments showing anything?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 74 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Hi MidwichG,

I have responded to your post here: Re: TIVO TV CHANNELS BREAKING UP - PLEASE HELP???

Cheers.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cs7ohnson
Tuning in
Message 75 of 89
Flag for a moderator

I have same issue. Engineer has been out no fux to the problem as they can't see one?
I phoned to cancel the tv package at which point they upgraded me for free TiVo 6 boxes n new hub which they said would hopefully rectify it.
It hasn't! Unwatchable. Completely wasting my time and money watching pixelated blocks!
They'll be getting a call in the morning!
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 76 of 89
Flag for a moderator

I had an engineer out as well but like you nothing. It was suppose to be a senior engineer but that did not happen but now having a senior coming in a couple of weeks.
It's so frustrating they can't locate the issue
0 Kudos
MidwichG
Tuning in
Message 77 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Ok, after three engineers this problem 'seems' fixed. There was a couple of blocking moments during a Channel 4 HD programme Sunday night but that could just be coincidental random glitches and generally everything seems better.
The engineer said that the problem was that there was way too much signal coming through to my house. A network engineer had to go to the relay box up the road and did something to slow the signal from there. Normal attenuators screwed onto the back of my Tivo and in my external brown box didn't work - so that was why something had to be done by the network guy to the relay up the road. Anyway - as I say, things seem to be working ok at the moment. Hope that helps some of you guys with the problem too.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MidwichG
Tuning in
Message 78 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear! Scratch what I said earlier...

Things seemed much better - still the occasional 'blocking and lining' but much less than before. Then Friday night it started up again while watching Channel 4 HD. During 'Gogglebox' the picture degraded to virtually unwatchable - like before. 

I've called and an engineer - now the FOURTH - is coming Weds. 

Not at all happy. 

0 Kudos
ynohtna
Joining in
Message 79 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Picture break up and blocking started for me a few weeks back and is getting worse, not on all channels though, Good Food HD is currently unwatchable for example, Sky sports HD has also started blocking up as well though not as bad but hadn't noticed it on there before today. I was also getting huge drop outs on the internet connection as well, speed dropping from 200Mbps down to as low as 1Mbps but haven't noticed that the last few days.

0 Kudos
timsonr
Joining in
Message 80 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Since yesterday or picture had started pixelating on live tv on multiple channels. I have checked the diagnostics and the signal strength is showing as 76% is this likely to be the issue?
0 Kudos