Menu
Brenda7954
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating and freezing tv pictures

How do I stop my tv picture from pixelating and freezing it is making tv unwatchable. I have followed all the online suggestions but nothing has helped.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelating and freezing tv pictures

Most of the suggestions regarding pixalating, recomend phoning and going down the Tv faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels.
0 Kudos
cissyw
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We have had the same problem for 3 weeks now, were told a week ago that the engineers were fixing it, still happening!!!!. Come on Virgin you can do better than this!!!!

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi If this is something that is happening with your individual box (as above) an engineer has to come to you and adjust the signal levels on your box as well as the local head end, phone again and don't be fobbed off with we are "fixing it" . Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Brenda7954, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with pixelation, I've run some testing on your set top box, and can see no reason for this. Are you still experiencing this fault. 

Let me know. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi cissyw, 

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an issue for some time. I've run some checks on your equipment, and I am having issues connecting to them. Could you please restart your set top box and let me know when this is done. 

I've also checked to see if there are any on going local faults for you that would explain this, and there's nothing currently open, so the issue that you were previously advised of has now been cleared. 

Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
cissyw
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Morning Huw

I've restarted our set up box as you requested.

Cissyw

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @cissyw

Thank you for coming back to me and letting me know. I've run some testing on the box now, and have been able to get some results back. 

All power levels are looking good, the hard drive is not reporting any issues. 

I remember a couple of weeks ago we were aware of a fault with some HD channels having pixellation, but that has been resolved. 

Are you you still experiencing this fault?

Cheers

Huw

0 Kudos
cissyw
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw

In the last few days we have been watching recordings or tried to watch them!! (quality was pretty bad most of the time), however, the picture was okay last night..(fingers crossed it fixed)

Thanks for your help

Cissyw

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know. 

As you were experiencing issues with recordings, this could be that they were made whilst there was a local issue, so there for the pixellation would be on the recording. 

I'd like to ask you to monitor this for a little bit, and any new recordings that you make from today onward. Also if you experience the same issue with Live TV then let us know. 

Thanks again 

Huw

0 Kudos