Menu
Highlighted
Martina08
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture problems

Hoping someone can help..

for the last few months my virgin box in my room has been playing up, on a lot of the channels the picture won’t fill the screen it sort of squashes it down into box, this I could cope with but now... in the last couple of weeks any HD channel I watch has severe picture problems with pixelated/freezing/glitching images.

All HD channels have now become unwatchable because of this frustrating problem, it’s very strange that the non HD channels don’t seem to have this issue!

i have tried resetting the box, turned it off via the plug for an entire day, checked all cables are slotted in correctly, removed the card and messed around with the settings on the remote, nothing seems to have helped.

if anyone knows of a fix for this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

thank you.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture problems

Hi sounds like a signal level issue phone and go down the TV faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Martina08
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mick I will give this a try but I feel like it cannot be the signal as it’s just the HD it messes up with which I have never had a problem with before, plus the TV’s in all of the other rooms don’t seem to have the any problem. Worth a shot though.

Thank you for the response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MArtina08

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

I've taken a look at this and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you and getting this issue resolved. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Martina08
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Engineer came round today and not only fixed my issue but upgraded my box for free so very happy Smiley Happy.

0 Kudos