Menu
stevebedwards
Settling in
Message 51 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture dropout Black Screen with new V6 box & Samsung TV

Hi,

My Samsung TV which is linked to my V6 box has started to drop out to a black screen on a regular basis - changed all the HDMI leads etc however no joy. Also noticed a significant drop in picture quality.

Think I need an engineer ?

Many thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve

Sorry to say the best thing you can do now is to ask Virgin to take the V6 box back and replace it with a Tivo.

The Tivo box was the predecessor of the wretched V6 box and does in fact work with Samsung TVs. I know this because that is what I had to do to stop the black screen cropping up throughout programmes on my new Samsung HD TV.

You lose some function going back, such as access to 4K TV but hopefully Virgin will have brought out a functioning box by the time that 4K is mainstream.

David

0 Kudos
Iwantspeed150
Joining in
Message 53 of 54
Flag for a moderator

hi

I upgrade  to a V6 around 4 weeks ago and have the same problem as you on my Sony kd55a1.

I have to turn off the v6 with the main button on the back then turn box back on and it works fine until next time.  Its done it 3 times up to now.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 54 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@stevebedwards wrote:

Hi,

My Samsung TV which is linked to my V6 box has started to drop out to a black screen on a regular basis

When I had my "sound cut out" problem on my new Samsung TV (not a 4K) in the summer, my first thought was to VM to get the V6 fixed.  Which didn't fix anything - so I went onto the Samsung forums (UK & US) where there are literally dozens of posts from people experiencing all sorts of sound and picture issues with their new TV's connecting to their favourite cable TV "box".  Long story short...  I contacted Samsung UK support who said “one of our representatives can remotely access your TV to perform the HDMI EDID rewriting before establishing the connection with the V6 box and the other HDMI-supported external devices".  Problem solved.  Smiley Happy

So take a look in their forums and see if anyone has had the same issue and solved it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos