Menu
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture dropout Black Screen with new V6 box & Samsung TV

Hi Craig
Thanks for your message. However, the gist of most of the messages seem to be that Virgin cannot assist. An engineer came around to me some weeks ago. He said the only thing he could do is give out a new V6 box and hope that the problem does not repeat (it did).
What we all need Virgin to do is fix the fault with the V6 box/software. It clearly has issues producing HD images for SAMSUNG TVs.
My family report that the problem is worse when the box/TV just start up and settles down after an hour or two.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 42 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavFB,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have checked and this isn't currently a known fault with the box so to confirm the V6 is having issues with your Samsung TV are you able  to test your V6 on another television if you have one in the property?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 43 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Thanks for your email. I am surprised by your statement that the blacking out is not known. You have previously written to Bobmcfish, 6th May:-

"I have been looking for any known issues and there is one regarding blanking screens but this should only be happening if your video output is set to 1080i."

I have tried changing the video settings to exclude 1080i but this does not alter the fault.

I believe I can locate an old TV and will get family to set it up in a few days. It is not a SAMSUNG unfortunately.

DavFB 

woody1092
Tuning in
Message 44 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Just gone through the whole post 🤔

its good to talk 😜

0 Kudos
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I've just found out from the BBC (and not Virgin) that ten TV Virgin channels are going off air. It occurs to me that leaving Virgin's TV service will resolve all my TV problems. I can get them on SKY or Freeview. Job for this week.
0 Kudos
woody1092
Tuning in
Message 46 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I may have found a solution for the drop out by mistake.

Having changed my HDMI cable twice i thought i would give it one last go 

I changed it for an old SKY hdmi that was in a drawer at home and i haven't had a problem for two weeks

Could be coincidence but i'm not so sure

0 Kudos
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

I fully intended to ditch Virgin when I phoned up recently. I have been totally exasperated with Virgin. However, I have been persuaded to dump the V6 box and try a Tivo instead. It is being delivered shortly. If the fault ceases then it is going to be fairly obvious the fault lies with the V6 box. However the Tivo is something of a step down from the V6 in terms of capacity. So I may move to Freeview anyway.

So that will be one issue resolved. Now I just have to find out why Virgin email is convinced that the security (including a Virgin bill that is right in front of me) is not correct!

David

0 Kudos
royhib
Tuning in
Message 48 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I am having this problem with a V6 box and a samsung TV.Continually having dropouts. Tried different HDMI cables and video outputs still the same. This problem was apparent when I first purchased this TV and seemed to settle down but has returned with vengeance 

0 Kudos
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 54
Flag for a moderator

OK so I sent the V6 box back and got the previous TIVO instead from Virgin.

Guess what? The fault is gone.

Hmmm. I wonder what conclusion we can draw from that? Ditch your V6 box people! It doesn't work with SAMSUNG TVs (and probably others)! Phone Virgin up and send the V6 back. No more problem.

0 Kudos
ClaireEll
Tuning in
Message 50 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Our v6 box was with our new Sony tv however it had to be replaced due to green screen and the engineer put a new hdmi cable in, since then the picture is awful, I have the video output set on 1080 p and 2160 and 2160 push through, the picture pixilates when someone moves on the programme, it’s awful, I have asked VM numerous times and no one can seem to advise on the settings  ( 2 engineers couldn’t do it) thank you 

0 Kudos