Menu
Andyhavoc
Just joined
Message 21 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture dropout Black Screen with new V6 box & Samsung TV

I’ve been having the issue since switching to virgin from sky. 2 different engineers have visited and can’t solve the issue. Thankfully it’s been fine recently however upon coming home this evening, I’ve got the same issue again!!! It’s absolutely ridiculous and searching this forum shows it’s a much wider issue. 

Theres no no point in phoning the call centre as the non uk staff have no idea and just schedule an engineer appointment. 

Im seriously considering rejoining sky! 

Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 22 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi woody1092,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with this.

When this happens do the menus still load up? How do you manage to get it back on again.

We recommend removing the HDMI lead from the back of the V6 box or the TV and the reinserting this, then do a reboot if this does not work we would need to log an  incident ticket on your account providing the details of the Make/Model of TV.

Speak Soon,

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Fozberg14
Joining in
Message 23 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone had this issue resolved?

Does getting an engineer out actually help?

Im loathed to take another day off work if there isnt a solution to the issue (like with the sound drop out).

0 Kudos
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I have a SAMSUNG TV which worked fine with the previous box but clearly does not link well with the new V6.  I've read the comments and it seems no-one has a cure for this issue, certainly not Virgin.

I've changed the settings on my TV, turned it back to factory settings, turned off the network detecting gizmo. I've bought a new cable and made sure it is firmly connected. I turn off the TV and box at regular intervals. Nothing worked!

I got an engineer out. His advice was 'sometimes the V^ doesn't speak to certain TVs'. I can get a different TV or he can replace the V6 box with a new one. So, to answer your question, getting an engineer out did nothing for me.

To be fair he replaced it PDQ. Still, I lost the stored programmes and the TV is still doing this strange blackout for a second or two. It does it several times a programme but it does it intermittently. I cannot see a pattern. When I rewind, the black section is there in the recording. I don't see anything when the screen goes black.

I doubt I'd have any problem if I didn't have a Virgin box. So, like those heading back to SKY, I am one house meeting from giving Virgin the push.

0 Kudos
jlobban
Joining in
Message 25 of 54
Flag for a moderator

If it is any reassurance you are not alone. I have had the same intermittent picture and sound dropout issues with my Samsung TV for months. I have tried all the fixes described on this forum. I am going to get an engineer to visit but suspect I will get the same response as the previous post. I would appreciate hearing from Virgin what potential solutions they have for these incompatibility issues. 

0 Kudos
jlobban
Joining in
Message 26 of 54
Flag for a moderator

OK i seemed to have fixed this. My Virgin box automatically selects the highest standard video output at 2160p for my Samsung 4K TV. But Virgin struggles to maintain the output at that level and frequently drops the picture. If you also select the 1080p video output format in settings it seems to act as a backstop and solves the intermittent drop out. 

I am staggered that this is not more widely publicised by Virgin nor their technical staff. I have literally wasted days of my life trying to find this simple solution. 

0 Kudos
woody1092
Tuning in
Message 27 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise 

Problem is still the same I’ve changed the HDMI twice also changed output settings but no change

Getting hacked off now  when my year is up I’m off not your fault I know

Woody 1092

0 Kudos
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 54
Flag for a moderator

OK, so now I got the people who sold me the TV (John Lewis) to send out an engineer.  While he was very helpful, he couldn't suggest a solution either.  He left with promises to speak to SAMSUNG tech support. He mentioned that SKY had had a similar picture drop out problem with their box but that because there are way more SKY subscribers, this problem got fixed pronto with an update.  I await news from Virgin, or indeed any further support. In the meantime, I've tried the suggestion below which was to reduce the resolution to High Def rather than 4K. As there isn't much in the way of 4K broadcasting this shouldn't be a loss. We shall see...

cmcguigan
Tuning in
Message 29 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I’ve only recently started experiencing a similar issue here. My Samsung TV with T6 box have been working fine since install but last couple of days I get intermittent screen drop outs lasting 3/4 seconds (cannot see menu) maybe once or twice a minute. This really is infuriating.

I’ve tried swapping the HDMI cable to one which was working fine on my Amazon TV box without success.

I’ve changed HDMI port on TV which hasn’t helped.

I’ve also changed the video output to auto. Which selects 1080p but that’s not helped either.

Need help!

cmcguigan
Tuning in
Message 30 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Oh great. So now the TV isn’t receiving any signal from the T6 whatsoever. 

I’ve swapped both HDMI cable & TV Port numerous times with no luck.

The box is apparently working fine when I run a test on the app.