Menu
JSiggers13
Joining in
Message 11 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture dropout Black Screen with new V6 box & Samsung TV

Hi, we keep having this black out problem, so I checked the settings and have now changed the settings, but why does this happen with the 1080i? Our TV is quite old, but is HD compatible, but only up to 1080i. It is therefore disappointing that we can’t take advantage of the 1080i just because the V6 box keeps blacking out when we do use it, which is obviously very frustrating.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi JSiggers1

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear your experiencing this issue. Have you checked the Video Output Settings to see if this is on Auto?

Something to try is when this happens is to turn the TV off with the TV's own remote control.

Let us know if we can help going forward.

Thanks

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Jesg
Joining in
Message 13 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I set up the new v6 box at the weekend and the screen keeps going black. I have check the video output and it is set at 1080p (the highest my Samsung tv can go). I'm using the new HDMI cable provided. Any further advise? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jesg,

Thanks for posting.

This shouldn't be happening so I'd like to arrange for a technician to take a closer look.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you can find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JSiggers13
Joining in
Message 15 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have checked all my settings and the video output setting has been on 576i, 576p and 720p as all others are unsupported by my tv except 1080i, which previous posts have said is the problem.

However, we still keep having the black out issues. Particularly in the morning for some reason. Sometimes, the picture won’t come on for a good couple of minutes, sometimes it will be on and then black out for up to five or six minutes.

Something is not right.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kylie1288
Just joined
Message 16 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I am having same problem tried all the fixes how can I resolve this. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi JSiggers13 and Kylie1288,

Thanks for posting.

I'd just like to check is the V6 directly connected to your television or is it connected to a sound system?

I'd also recommend replacing the HDMI cable if this hasn't already been tried.

Please get back to us if there's still a problem.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fozberg14
Joining in
Message 18 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I recently had my box V6 box replaced after the first one died.

Since the replacement i get the blank screen (with menus and sound) every morning and have to restart my box a few times to correct the issue. This is with a Sony TV this time, but it sounds like a similar issue. 

Whats more annoying is that when the box records anything its just sound, making the Tivo part of the box completely useless.

When you combine this with the well known and documented noise drop out issue, (so well known its got its own nameNKE00009237) i really do feel like im getting good value for money. 

0 Kudos
JaxOnline
Tuning in
Message 19 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

I too have this intermittent no picture sound and menu only problem.  I have had the problem since the box was installed early February 2018.  I have checked the settings and replaced the HDMI with a high speed cable but I still have to keep rebooting to get the picture back.  There is obviously a problem that needs addressing, lets all hope for a resolution soon.

Jaki

0 Kudos
woody1092
Tuning in
Message 20 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Ive got the same problem

had the box since december and had the problem from the start. First thought it was my samsung tv but that was ruled out.

then checked the hdmi cable and changed.   No difference. Put up with it but now had enough obviously there is a problem as so many customers with the same issues

0 Kudos