Menu
pejd
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Persistent TV/Broadband fault

Almost everyday since the end of June between 1800-1930, the TV picture breaks up then the broadband goes down from a few minutes to over half an hour. I have reported this by phone and live text on the app numerous times. I received the same text 5 times over a week saying the fault had been fixed (ID F007271433) but after a couple of days when it was OK around 1800 this evening it crashed twice.

Have been a Virgin customer since it switched from NTL and with 4 Virginmobile sim deals, never has the service and trying to get a fault resolved been this bad, am seriously considering jumping ship when I see bundles with considerably more than I'm getting for less £ including this "Our dedicated support team’s here to help you with all your services on one call. And if your broadband ever goes down, we’ll add Truly Unlimited data to all SIMs on your account and send a technician to sort any issues the next day*."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent TV/Broadband fault

First job, set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data/proof to have in any discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.