Menu
daveoc
Dialled in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

On Oomph Package But Box Sets Wants Me To Upgrade?.

I've been on the oomph package since June and never bothered looking in the box sets section. Did today and found that several of the programmes in the Sky 1 section ( Stella, Discovery Of Witches plus many more, but not all ) asked me to upgrade to view.

I understood that my package included everything, and I can't understand what I could upgrade to. I've rebooted the box but no change. Am I wrong in thinking these should be included?.

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Oomph Package But Box Sets Wants Me To Upgrade?.

According to this page there are 3 versions of that package which one is yours as that could be the reason you are being asked to upgrade.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles?oomph=on&buspart=uk_ps_acq_cable_GOOGLE_Brand_Core_Oomph_BM...

0 Kudos
daveoc
Dialled in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I'm on the ultimate oomph, so I would have though all on demand box sets were included.

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Only thing I can suggest is give them a call and get them to tell you why it is not included 

0 Kudos
daveoc
Dialled in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to them and we spent 90 minutes trying all sorts of things to get it to work but nothing worked, there are still some Sky 1 box sets that I cannot watch as it wants me to upgrade and that is impossible.

They told me this is something they have never come across before, they said it simply cannot happen, and promised to phone back on Friday morning to discuss it again---they did not.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi daveoc,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to see you are still having the same issue with on demand.

I have had a look at the back end of your system, I can see pre RS errors on one of your boxes, please check to other V6 to see if you get the same issue, can you also make sure all the cables are hand tight and also reboot the boxes by unplugging them and leaving for 2 minutes.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
daveoc
Dialled in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul.

Thanks for reply. Same problem on both boxes and all connections tight. When I spoke to your colleague on the phone we did several reboots of boxes and hub, she resent my channel package a couple of times, she deleted the package I'm on and then put me back onto the full oomph package but the problem remained the same.

Just to let you know what the exact problem is. On box sets, it seems to be specifically Sky 1 box sets, a number of them say 'upgrade to watch' while the rest say 'included in your package'. Being on the full oomph package all box sets are included for Sky 1. If I follow on the 'upgrade to watch' link it does not allow me to upgrade other than to things like Hayu or Starzplay, which is as it should be.

Just done a reboot of both boxes and, as expected, the problem remains.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi daveoc,

Pleas can you give me the names of the box sets you are unable to watch, I will check them my end,t could be something not exclusive to you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
daveoc
Dialled in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

There are a number but a couple are Stella and A Discovery Of Witches. Your colleague checked and said I should be able to watch them as she could at her end.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi daveoc,

I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos