Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 41 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Licensing ...I cannot access On Demand TV

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to advise on the reason for the delay, however it may have unfortunately been prolonged due to it requiring an external investigation into the issue. It is a general issue that has affected a number of customers, it isn't a unique situation for yourself which is why we're aware that a box exchange wouldn't resolve it for you.

0 Kudos
Highwaynord
Joining in
Message 42 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Reading between the lines. Virgin do not have an answer to the problem with my on demand service, they only know what has failed to work in the past. So the issue has been sent out to a third party to solve. The third party as yet cannot fix the problem either but happily give fix dates out that are usually about 2/3 weeks from the last "fix" date. Meanwhile your customers are paying for an service that you are contracted to supply but cannot deliver. 

Steve J 

0 Kudos
Highwaynord
Joining in
Message 43 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Still no fix, no news no on demand on my TV 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 44 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@Highwaynord wrote:

Still no fix, no news no on demand on my TV 

Just stepping to one side for a minute....  I wonder whether the problem you have is actually related to the one VM are trying to fix - but cant?  It's very odd that it seems to be only a very few people that have this issue - otherwise the fora would be full of "ranting" (like the Galaxy s7 owners ones).  I cant quite work out the detail of the problem from what was said in the OP

"I have no access to On Demand programmes (not available through apps) on my TV. I can watch them on remote devices but not on my TV. The programmes play links me to an "Upgrade my TV" page with no option to upgrade. No error codes just a generic upgrade TV page."

So I was wondering whether its an issue with the TV's software/firmware.  So, do you mean its the smart TV's built in apps that dont do catch up, or is it the apps on the V6 (I assume that's the box you have) that wont catch up?  What TV make/model is it and how are you connecting it to the Hub (is it a Hub3?). Also how is the V6 connected to the Hub.

Apologies if this is a red herring - but it is an odd one.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Highwaynord
Joining in
Message 45 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I'm not at home, I will check this out tonight. Spec of box TV model and hdmi connection. Thank you for your interest. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 46 of 46
Flag for a moderator

OK.
if you havent already, I would try a new HDMI cable from the TV to the V6 and new Cat6a ethernet cables from (1) the TV to the Hub and (2) the V6 to the Hub

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos