Menu
Dee541
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Comedy Central in my package

My favourite channel 'Comedy Central' has been removed from my basic package 😞 I want to know why??  I have been a virgin customer for over 2 years and like to watch comedy programmes which is why I picked this package and getting a good deal.  Then I noticed you have to upgrade to get this channel which am not wanting to pay £57 a month to get it.  Its so unfair it was taken off.

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Comedy Central in my package

I suspect it's just a glitch. I'm assuming it has put up a message like "not subscribed to this channel". This sometimes randomly happens, and can happen to any channel, including the likes of BBC1. Often it can be "solved" by going to another channel and then coming back.

There is another scenario where you can implement a refresh. But I can't recall what you do, someone else will have to walk you through that. It's fairly simple though.

Virgin Media haven't changed the packages Comedy Central is available on, I just checked on the September edition of the TV Guide (www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide) , so it's very likely to be a glitch. 

Dee541
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

looked at the virgin tv channel guide my package is number 1 in the list thats shows no Comedy Central, yet when I took out the package I had this channel.Smiley Indifferent Dont want to ring as half the time I cannot understand the india call centre language ha! looks like I may have to to get to the bottom of it so to speak, unless they read my message and reply?Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dee541

What TV package do you currently subscribe to?

Once I have a reply I can look into this for you 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Dee541
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

I took out the same tv package back in June 2017, according to my bill it says the package is: Player TV (M) with a Virgin TV V6 Box.

Hope this will help. Thank you. :)Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV M level package was basically meant to be the equivalent of Freeview/Freesat, i.e. no Pay TV channels. So if you were on this you shouldn't normally get Comedy Central. If you, however,  were on M+ then you would get Pay channels. M+ customers were moved up a tier around a year ago and they do have Comedy Central.

Comedy Central has however been made available for a month to all lower packages several times over the years, so M level customers would have the opportunity to see it occasionally.

0 Kudos