Menu
bigbadbod
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Newly installed V6 boxes not working correctly

Just had 2 new V6 Boxes and a Superhub 3 installed, all seemed fine at first then we started having problems.

Catchup and On Demand will not work, a reboot gives a 'temporarily unavailable' message, which disappears eventually and both options just show empty boxes when selected.

Next, the 2 boxes can see each other, but if we try to view what the upstairs box has recorded using the downstairs box, (or vice-versa), it gives a message about the boxes not being in my Virgin account (V106) and they need to be combined into one account(?)

Please don't tell me I don't have to phone the horrendous customer services to fix this, surely it should if been done automatically??

Regards

Ste

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newly installed V6 boxes not working correctly

Hi bigbadbod

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your V6 boxes recently. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the boxes and we're not detecting any immediate errors from our end at the moment but some sections of the tests are inconclusive. 

If you're still experiencing issues, get in touch and I'll arrange for this to be escalated right away.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bigbadbod
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, thank you for the response.

The On Demand and Catchup services are finally working, but the 2 boxes still say I have to phone up to get them put on the same account if I want to watch recordings from one on the other one. Why do I have to waste time doing this when it is one of the features used to convince us to get them installed? Surely this should be an automatic process?

Best Regards 

Ste 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bigbadbod

There may be an issue with the provisioning on the boxes which is why you'd have to speak to our tech team.

If you give them a quick call, I'm sure they will be able to get this sorted as soon as possible for you. 

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bigbadbod
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All sorted, it started working by itself over the weekend. Thanks for the reply though.

Best Regards 

Ste 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bigbadbod, 

Thanks for the reply, I'm really happy to hear it resolved itself! Funny how that can happen sometimes. 

If you need anything else in the future please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos