Menu
Highlighted
Wasyl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New show "The Rook"

When I go onto Guide, the first line we receive states: Scroll up to 999 for Virgin TV Ultra HD.

We also see that from Monday 1st at 22.00 a new show "The Rook" is due to start.

I don't see any other channel showing this programme as available for this to be watched.

How can I set this up to record as I will be away at this time?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New show "The Rook"

You can record the Virgin Media Ultra HD channel on a V6 box, so you can set a Series Link as per usual

To watch The Rook on the older TiVo box you'll be able to watch it via the Box Set in On Demand, as the Ultra HD channel isn't available on a TiVo box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Wasyl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the new V6 box, but channel 999 is greyed out, so I can't create a series link nor a set to record.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

According to this page:

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/ultra-hd-4k.html

The Ultra HD channel (999) is only available to Full House TV customers (and above).  Which TV package are you on?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

newapollo
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are on Full House or above then the Ultra HD is also available on Channel 205.  Have you tried that one? Or possibly reboot your box.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

You can record the Virgin Media Ultra HD channel on a V6 box, so you can set a Series Link as per usual

To watch The Rook on the older TiVo box you'll be able to watch it via the Box Set in On Demand, as the Ultra HD channel isn't available on a TiVo box.

So I have to correct myself and apologies for the wrong information. It seems you need a V6 box to watch it. It's not available via a TiVo box, even from On Demand.

I missed this bit of the Press Release:
https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-makes-move-to-bring-n...

The Rook is exclusive to Virgin Media and is available to TV customers with a Full House, VIP or the new Bigger and Ultimate Oomph bundles and a V6 box. New episodes of The Rook will premiere every week from July 1 and will be available on demand.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos