Menu
lewisatkinson
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New multi room with V6 and TiVo

I’m due to receive my new V6 box to replace my existing TiVo. I’m interested in going multiroom (I’m not currently), is there any advantage to keeping the existing TiVo box to do this (e.g. keeping current TiVo recordings)? Can a V6 and TiVo still stream recordings to each other? Also, I understand multi-room will require an engineer visit, can someone advise how they’ll install VM services to the new room which has limited WiFi and a concrete floor?! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New multi room with V6 and TiVo

The second box will require a coaxial feed from Virgins network & a connection to the Hub. This can either be via WiFi (V6 only), or wired via an ethernet cable or powerline through your house ring mains.

Keeping the TiVO will allow you to keep your existing recordings, & you will be able to stream in either direction between boxes.You recording capacity will orf course increase with 3 tuners in the TiVO & 6 in the V6 plus more disk space.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos