Menu
AnnaR
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo box

Hi, I have 2 old virgin boxes that I was told my letter I need to get replaced (for free) with TiVo boxes. One arrived today, great! So I rang up to order the 2nd. Firstly I was told I would be charged £30, I told the lady this wasn’t the case. She then told me I would need to pay £5? After a while she told me I don’t even have any boxes at all and put the phone down on me! This has happened 3 times in the past few weeks so was wondering if I could be helped on here because I’m sick of being hung up on! Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New TiVo box

You will need to call Virgin
150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile

or 03454541111 from any phone

Lines are open 8am-10pm , 7 days a week

Navigate to thinking of leaving (1,1,1,1,4,5) if memory serves me, this tends to get you through to a UK call centre and you stand a better chance of getting this resolved.  Be sure to have your account number and area code to hand.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AnnaR,

Apologies to hear of this. 

I'll send you a quick PM now, so we can discuss this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AnnaR
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’ve sorted it now thank you! Although, I had arranged a new instillation just before Xmas and was told the box is £50 and the set up fee is £25, that was fine. But after taking a day off work, nobody turned up. I rang and was told I never made an appointment?! I spoke to 3 different people to confirm the appointment but apparently I was lying?! I was told they would waver the £25 fee.. but low and behold, £120 has been taken out of my bank. So I rang again and was told that I was never told they would waver it. All these calls has cost me £22, the phone has been put down on me 7 times, i’ve been put on hold for 50 mins. Not happy but hey what can I do! 

0 Kudos