Menu
MrsB3
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New Customer

Can anyone help? Long story very short we were due to be connected on 03/09/19. Still no connection. BT kept us connected until 16th but we are not connected by then we will lose our telephone number. It has been extremely unhelpful process. No return calls. Customer service can’t wait to transfer u to someone else, and nobody seems to be able to move this on. So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer

Hi MrsB3,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

My apologies for the delay in getting you setup, have we advised why this is? Is this construction work that needs completing before we can install you?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MrsB3
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank u. First contractor arrived 4 days before appointment and we were out. Then  Contractor arrived said they couldn’t do it because water meter in the way. So sending others. Therefore cable contractors and guy who comes to house delayed. Second contractor arrived and was able to put cable in. He had no issues with water meter. No one else had arrived. Cable sticking out. If this wasn’t completed by 16th then we are losing our telephone number from BT. Had an email yesterday saying it has been delayed. ... we go away tomorrow so will come home to no tv or WiFi and no phone number. Joy. 

Regards Laura

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi as this is a public forum so Virgin don't usually respond for 3 or 4 days on here, I would suggest you phone even then if the fitting team have encountered problems customer services are unlikely to be in the know, phone first thing in the morning 8am & go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are taking about and hopefully will solve the issue.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like construction then Laura, so this normally has a timescale of 6-8 weeks. Have you been told anything like this?

Kind regards,

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MrsB3
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your time Mickey. I have already rung 3x and regional installation was supposed to be ringing me back. But haven’t. I haven’t spoken to uk though. Thank you for your advice. It’ll just have to wait until after holiday now. Shame. Kind Regards Laura

0 Kudos
MrsB3
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello John. No. No communication. As cable is sticking out the ground I’m guessing I’m just waiting for them to connect it. Thank u. Regards Laura

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrsB3,

When was the last time you spoke with the team concerning your connection?

^Martin

0 Kudos
MrsB3
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

13th sept. No date given. Separate installation date should have been sent but nothing received. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Right I see. I will private message you to see what I can do to help. 

^Martin

0 Kudos