Menu
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 162
Flag for a moderator

New Channels are such garbage

Except More 4, the new channels are really poor, they certainly are not suitable replacements

Superuser
Superuser
Message 1 of 162
Flag for a moderator

New Channels now on the EPG

If you have not noticed already, all the new channels have now launched. The slots will change to the ones advertised if the deal with UKTV does not materialise.

187 - Paramount HD

188 - Paramount SD

218 - Your TV

219 - Vice

222 - CI HD

293 - Love Nature HD

294 - Love Nature SD

295 - Zoo Moo

298 - Horse & Country

299 - History HD

346 - Now 80s

551 - Premier Sports HD

553 - Freesports

Apologies if I have missed any.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

MCFCTrick
Tuning in
Message 2 of 162
Flag for a moderator

Poor Quality New Channels

The new channels replacing UKTV, are all low cost, low quality rubbish ones

Lifetime TV: Britain's Next Top Model, The Real Housewives of New Jersey and I Can Make you a Supermodel

Together: Super Foods: The Real Story,  Extremely British Muslims

Utter dross ....

Forget the script being read out from the drones in Customer 'Service' about the alleged discussions with customers on what 'we' want. It's clearly about cost. Virgin paying less for showing these channels and programmes than they did for UKTV, while we mugs continue to pay the same ....

It isn't the package I signed up for. And it's disgraceful service. It'd be like paying for a Premiership club season ticket, only to find it's to go and watch a Scots third tier club.

Happily my contract is up soon, so it's over to Sky for me.

grahamtriggs
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 162
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Quality New Channels

I had a look at one of them - it was just six hours of one old series, followed by six hours of another old series, followed by six hours of another old series, then teleshopping.

And repeat.

That's not high-quality. It's appalling. Nowhere near up to the standard of what UKTV used to be in terms of repeats, let alone all of the high-quality original programming the UKTV has started producing that is not available anywhere else.

UKTV is important. In February, I nearly renegotiated everything to just a broadband package - in the end, I upgraded to Full House partly through a retention offer, but because what I would gain from Full House is the HD versions of UKTV channels.

I'm not going to jump to do anything right now, with so many recordings on my V6 - but if UKTV is not on Virgin, and in HD, then it won't be long before I ditch everything and go back to Freeview.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 162
Flag for a moderator

From what I have seen Love Nature beats Eden hands down. Eden was showing more & more repeats. The BBC have shot themselves in the foot by selling OD rights to Netflix, thereby starving UKTV of content.

There have been campaigns running for a while to get Freesports, Horse & Country & others added & these have now arrived. This will please a lot its just that people don't usually post on here when they are happy about something.

By the way, when you cross to the dark side, can you ask Sky why they are removing GOLD from their NOW TV service in September. Perhaps they think its not worth the money they are paying for it.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

megeacjr
Settling in
Message 5 of 162
Flag for a moderator

UKTV Channels

what are the actual new channels relacing uktv and if there are non will we all be getting a reduction in our tv package bills

0 Kudos
cje85
Super solver
Message 6 of 162
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

By the way, when you cross to the dark side, can you ask Sky why they are removing GOLD from their NOW TV service in September. Perhaps they think its not worth the money they are paying for it.

is that confirmed now? Earlier this week it was just a rumour with no evidence to back it up.

How come Sky gets box sets/catch up from UKTV but Virgin say they can't due to the BBC selling the rights to Netflix? how are UKTV providing Sky with the content? Or is it just Virgin don't want to pay?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 162
Flag for a moderator

Re: UKTV Channels

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/New-Channels/ba-p/3775403

Oneplus2user
Tuning in
Message 8 of 162
Flag for a moderator

New Channels

Am very unhappy with the new channels provided with the loss of UKTV.  A lot of old content provided on other channels and channels of no interest.  Get your act together Virgin and negotiate to maintain content levels or you will lose customers.  Also we have had no notice or reduction in our package costs.

richcox13
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 162
Flag for a moderator

New channels

With the new channels can i ask a quick question.

Do the new channels replace the old

As i like Eden and Gold can i no longer watch these channels?

Thanks

Rich

0 Kudos