Look at channels 270, 271, 273 and 274.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cjvs
Tuning in
Message 52 of 162
Flag for a moderator

New Channels

So is this new channel line-up, without UKTV channels, absolute or is there still wriggle room? Having checked my TV package today I find I’m paying about £55 per month for lots of channels I don’t ever watch. Now that the UKTV situation has arisen there is little point staying with Virgin as 99% of the channels I watch are on Freeview which is built into my televisions anyway. Does anyone know if this is permanent?

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 53 of 162
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Channels

@cjvs wrote:

there is little point staying with Virgin as 99% of the channels I watch are on Freeview 

I have had this for a few years.  However until BT Sport and to a lesser extent Premier Sports (in full not the half baked streaming version) are widely available elsewhere then I have to stay.  You see, it's the 1% that matters to me.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 54 of 162
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Channels are such garbage

Alibi... nooooooooooooooo 

cranforduk
Dialled in
Message 55 of 162
Flag for a moderator

Re: T.V replaced channels

Ernie_C, As a superuser you should  have check out these channels before boasting about them. 271 is the same as 270 on one hour plus and  274 is 273 in HD so thats just 2 channels. But who wants to watch USA based history programs?

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 56 of 162
Flag for a moderator

@Joey-moe wrote:

...I may have to leave after 20yrs of loyalty

What or who are you being loyal to?  I started with cable back in about 2004 when it was NTL.  Then Virgin. Now Liberty Media.

Now TV do me a better deal on entertainment, so I take that.  Amazon and Netflix do me a better deal on on-demand TV so I take that.  VM do the best deal on BT Sport so I take that.  When Sky have TV without the bin lid I will probably take that.

As for loyalty, I was loyal to OnDigital and that got me nowhere...

0 Kudos
Robbo841
Tuning in
Message 57 of 162
Flag for a moderator

New Channel Line-up

I have just read about the new channels 

...Channels Channel No. NewChannel Lowest TV bundle Availability Must-Watch Telly 124 Paramount Network HD Player Suits, CSI: Miami, Marvel's...

I think that premier sports channel should be made available on the the three top packages without a extra charge like bt sport and can someone from virgin media please explain why they can't do this

0 Kudos
amigo
Dialled in
Message 58 of 162
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty is no longer valued by these 'Global' companies.

Robbo841
Tuning in
Message 59 of 162
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Channels

@Oneplus2user wrote:

Am very unhappy with the new channels provided with the loss of UKTV.  A lot of old content provided on other channels and channels of no interest.  Get your act together Virgin and negotiate to maintain content levels or you will lose customers.  Also we have had no notice or reduction in our package costs.

I think that what is said above I agree but I think certain channels should be attached to the bundle at a low cost

0 Kudos
Mysapphirestar
Joining in
Message 60 of 162
Flag for a moderator

New channels

How can they say these are new? The only one I watch is True Entertainment and that has always been there. As for sport, there's too much of it already. If I could get a discount for zero sport that might tempt me to stay. as it is I'm thinking of switching to Sky, much as I dislike Murdoch, just to get Alibi back