Menu
AndyM123
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Neflix and BBC Iplayer slow loading

Is anybody else still having the Netflix and I player has always been slow to start and search issue?

Looks like the old TIVO box cant handle it and I need an upgrade to V6.

Tried to get some support several times in the past months but yesterday decided to bite the bullet and stick with it.

Phone support either tells you to hang up if you dont want your kit tested or hangs up after testing.

I have now been on a chat window since 9:37 yesterday  Dec 2nd.

13:53 spoke to someone who just tried to get me to pay £135 for a V6 install.

14:50 Transferred to technical team

09:53  Dec 3rd.  Chat with human but cant do anything because of a general on-going Netflix issue 

10:39 Fobbed off again and told to wait till 15:00

14:03 Human. Says it should be ok now.  Noooo

14:11 Going to be sent to technical queue and will mail me some self care emails.????

14:43 Still waiting.

I have just had Sky installed and Netflix etc is instantaneous. Also all this time has allowed me to start moving my subscriptions, etc to my Gmail account as you lose your mail when you leave Virgin.

Thanks for listening.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neflix and BBC Iplayer slow loading

Hi AndyM123,

When calling Faults and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

If you have VM broadband then if I were you I would be tempted to choose the thinking of leaving us option and try and negotiate a new price, free box swap and installation to the V6

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neflix and BBC Iplayer slow loading

@AndyM123 wrote:

I have just had Sky installed and Netflix etc is instantaneous. Also all this time has allowed me to start moving my subscriptions, etc to my Gmail account as you lose your mail when you leave Virgin.

To be fair, I would never recommend anyone rely on ISP-email. I've had my own domain for as long as I can remember, it's surprisingly easy, although g-mail etc are certainly still far better than using ISP accounts.

As regards streaming apps, you're absolutely correct to think that a swap to the V6 is the way to go, they're all pretty instant on that box too.

You'll need to call Virgin in any case, either to give cancellation notice or to negotiate a new bundle. Make 100% sure of which outcome you want before you call and stick to it. If the C/S agent makes efforts to resolve your issues and give you a good enough deal, then be clear whether that is the outcome you want.

I hope you get whatever outcome best suits your circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos