Menu
benlewis430
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NO TV OR BROADBAND

Been without tv and broadband for 3 days now and can't get hold of virgin, when I ring, the automated bit says there is a problem in the area and and the engineers are fixing it but then can't get through to anyone to speak too, Don't know how much longer I can take this, all my tv boxes say AP:52 with a flashing heart and my router is flashing green, if anyone can help me please.

Ben 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO TV OR BROADBAND

Don't tell me. You are in Hounslow.

Plenty of other posts here on this.

Major cable damage incident as the result of an electrical explosion & subseqent fire.

Sounds like numerous people are affected.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
benlewis430
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No I'm all the way in Swansea wales, Don't know anyone else in my area with the same problem either.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If your issue is individual to you, insist on an engineer visit.

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If using the TV faults option when you ring up is blocking you from getting through due to the recorded message regarding the area issue (though it shouldn't be), then follow the prompts to the "thinking of leaving us" option followed by "technical issue". They should be able to tell you what's happening with the area issue and whether that's likely to be the cause of your fault and when it's likely to be fixed. Or at the very least they will put you in the queue to speak to the faults team.

Also I note one of your boxes says AP:52/3, if this is a V HD or V+ HD, it will be replaced with a V6 box if you get an engineer visit because the older boxes are being gradually phased out (not quite yet, but in the near future).

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

If using the TV faults option when you ring up is blocking you from getting through due to the recorded message regarding the area issue (though it shouldn't be), then follow the prompts to the "thinking of leaving us" option followed by "technical issue". They should be able to tell you what's happening with the area issue and whether that's likely to be the cause of your fault and when it's likely to be fixed. Or at the very least they will put you in the queue to speak to the faults team.

Also I note one of your boxes says AP:52/3, if this is a V HD or V+ HD, it will be replaced with a V6 box if you get an engineer visit because the older boxes are being gradually phased out (not quite yet, but in the near future).

AP52 is no doubt being caused by no downstream signal lock, so when the signal is restored the box should boot normally.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@av-115 wrote:

AP52 is no doubt being caused by no downstream signal lock, so when the signal is restored the box should boot normally.

I know, but I meant if the OP has an engineer out for the fault, they'll replace the V box anyway because the engineers are told to replace them whenever they come across them.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos