Menu
Highlighted
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Moving home but virgin not supplying

I've had virgin tv/broadband/phone for years and wanted to take it with me when I move. they say I cant yet my neighbours have it installed. what is the problem and if they can supply 15ft away, why not me? 

I've called and even the person I spoke to said this was strange and was escalating it to management but I've heard nothing. 

does anyone know how to go about getting vm installed if my street and neighbours have it? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home but virgin not supplying

You can ask to have a spotter sent, but depending on the circumstances even if its physically possible, may not happen. Example- oversubscribed areas.

0 Kudos
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

it's not oversubscribed, just don't want to install as neighbours have had it a while. different people have told me conflicting stories. was told last week by 'kesie' that construction work would begin in 5-7 days and I'd definitely be able to take vm with me. then called by another vm guy who said that's rubbish. I'm totally annoyed now. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

As Kippies says - ask for a spotter's visit

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

if a spotter is supposed to be a field engineer then thats apparently been done. they're not giving me a cable like all my neighbours. it's just the lies they tell you after being a customer paying loads over the years. now I'm being hit with bills for months ahead instead of a final calculation. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

What is there between the pavement & your house?

A normal garden? Concrete drive? Block paving?

If it’s any more complicated than the first one, unless there is a wall to tack the cable along you may have problems.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

just normal two level house, small garden. I've had to place an order with sky and I'm going to miss vm especially bb. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry to hear this thenel and we're very sorry we aren't aren't able to install the services at your new address. If you register your details here: virg.in/checker    we will send you any updates about expanding the network.    

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

thanks, my immediate neighbours have it that's what so infuriating. terrible 

0 Kudos
thenel
On our wavelength