Menu
MattDuncan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missed Call ‭+800 1836404‬

Hi, I have had a missed call from the above number and seems to be, when searches for in here and online, virgin media. No message or anything left. Can a moderator confirm if this is VM and what it was in connection with. Thanks 

0 Kudos
MattDuncan
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed Call ‭+800 1836404‬

Constant phone calls from this number that only speak occasionally. Established it is VM but at what capacity I don’t know. Keep ringing day in day out, I work so hard to answer, no message left or contactable number to call!

0 Kudos
trentman
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MattDuncan,

I was getting calls from this number over a period of a few days on a monthly basis. I have now put the number on my blocked list.

I did manage to pick a call up once and it was a foreign type voice babbling about something or other I didn't understand. They didn't introduce themselves first as any reputable company would have done so I ended the call. In this case They certainly didn't mention the name of Virgin Media so I've no idea who it was.

An official comment from Virgin Media would be good.

Bob M

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi trentman

Thank you posting in the Community.

I have had a look into this and it appears to be an outbound call from one of the offshore sales teams  We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you.

You can stop this in the following ways:

If we have your details for contact purposes and you would like us to opt you out of any marketing calls that we provide to you, then we can opt you out of these and this take up to 6 weeks to update with us. You can arrange this via our contact centres on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111. Alternatively our Webchat teams can also opt you out of these calls too.

Additionally for unsolicited calls you can register your details with the Telephone Preference Service link for your landline, and your mobile can also be registered on this link too. (TPS) Once you're registered with the TPS, it stays registered for the life of the number with you.

If any of these sales calls are silent, should this be an issue for you at any point, you can also register your numbers with Silentcall-Gard. SCG Silentcall-Gard takes 24 hours to activate but needs to be re-registered every 12 months.

Good luck and thanks again.

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
MattDuncan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it is in relation an offer on my package/retention’s then they can call but at a reasonable time. Issue is they call in the middle of the day when I’m in work. Ideally I would speak to someone about my package as I have had it a year now 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MattDuncan

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Unfortunately there is not a way for us to let our outbound sales team know what times are best to call you.

If you want to look into your package and see what offers we have you can always do this by logging into My Virgin Media (here). If you sign in and go to the tab that says My Upgrades and Offers to see what is available or you can call our team who will be happy to help on 150 from your Virgin landline or 0843 454 1111 from any other phone.

Hope this information helps.

Take care

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos