Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service Status & Virgin Community

if VM make a post it is the one that is pinned in a board

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ibstockpeter
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Well that post is really helpful NOT!!

My service status now shows that there is no known problems with all service which i know is a complete lie as Manifest is not available

Stacey82
Joining in
Message 13 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Manifest

Really virgin all this money I pay, and i can't even watch stuff, on episode 9 sort it out 

ibstockpeter
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manifest

I don't mind Virgin having technical problems

I would however like to know 

a)  What is the problem?

b) How long to get it fixed?

c) Updates when the situation changes

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 43
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Manifest-on-demand/m-p/4035798#M179722

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Hi ibstockpeter,

Thank you for your post. Our apologies for the issues. 

We are aware of this and it is being investigated. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 43
Flag for a moderator

@ibstockpeter wrote:

I don't mind Virgin having technical problems

I would however like to know 

a)  What is the problem?

Going into the nuts & bolts of every issue would take time & a lot of people would not understand the tech side of Cable broadcast systems. The guys here have plenty of other issues to deal with, & with the closure of Swansea there are less of them.

VM will always give estimates where they can, but all faults are different.

TBH the guys here always do when they can confirm something has happened. However, they are not monitoring the systems themselves, so things are usually fixed before they get notice of it.

Use Kudos to say thanks

ibstockpeter
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Firstly I would like to clearly point that this series is being heavily advertised as available on Demand 

a)  What is the problem?

Going into the nuts & bolts of every issue would take time & a lot of people would not understand the tech side of Cable broadcast systems. The guys here have plenty of other issues to deal with, & with the closure of Swansea there are less of them.

I don't want the Nuts & Bolts but I would like an idea and after 45 years in the IT industry I am perfectly capable of understanding most problems.

VM will always give estimates where they can, but all faults are different.

Then why did VM give an estimate of 9am this morning which obviously they seriously missed.

TBH the guys here always do when they can confirm something has happened. However, they are not monitoring the systems themselves, so things are usually fixed before they get notice of it.

Then what is the point of Service Status which currently shows no issues and I really don't ses the point of the VM Community as it seems a hot pooch of numerous threads with no little or no usual information

0 Kudos
azvoma
Tuning in
Message 19 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manifest on demand

Managed to find a way to watch Manifest. It’s still there on the App or TVGO. All I did was connected my laptop to my Tv using HDMI and logged into the TVGO via the browser ( I am sure you can also use the app) and boom happy days. Managed to watch all 16 with no issues.

ibstockpeter
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manifest on demand

Thanks for that and it works fine. I have a media laptop with a large screen and managed to watch four episodes using virgin tv go. I am not as fast as you but it definitely works. 

There must be a different connection to sky on demand depending whether you use the internet as opposed to the virgin network

0 Kudos