Menu
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Madam Secretary boxsets

Having recently discovered Madam Secretary and slowly making my way through several series of boxsets..

Series 1, 2, 3 and series 5 so far are on VOD in their entirety. Yet Series 4 has episodes 1, 4, 8 & 14 only. I get the usual rule of rebroadcast rights, "we only get what we get" etc, but it does seem a trifle odd that these episodes are missing when there is otherwise 100% availability?

Is this an undocumented issue?

Edit: Just found an existing thread on the same... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Missing-episodes-on-demand-but-available-on-virfin-tv...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hollsharker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Missing episodes on demand but available on virfin tv go

Hi

I'm trying to watch Madam Secretary series 4 On Demand on my TV but only episodes 1, 4, 8 and 14 are available. All the episodes are available on the Virgin TV Go app on my phone but not on either of my V6 box. I want to watch it on my TV, not my phone!  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing episodes on demand but available on virfin tv go

Hi Hollsharker,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums, I am looking into this for you, When I hear anything regarding this I will be in touch.
We are sorry about that.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

...and I go and start a new thread before finding this one already...

cross-linking for the benefit of the forum: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Madam-Secretary-boxsets/td-p/3899826

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Madam Secretary boxsets

Hi Japitts. 

Thanks for your post 

I can see my colleague has been looking in to this for another customer, I will contact them and see if they have found any information and will get back to you ASAP 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Posting the same reply in both threads, perhaps one of them can be closed?

A few weeks back all the missing Episodes from S4 appeared, very nice thankyou! Except now the whole of S4 is showing as expiring in 2 weeks, and S1-S3 still show no expiry date.

S4 also seems to play out using legacy-VOD, S1-S3 using the IP version - the geek in me wonders if this is S1-S3 being classed as "BoxSet" and S4 is somehow "CatchUp". Not that it makes much difference, I'm upto halfway through S2 and only picked up recording them in S5....

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Madam Secretary boxsets

Posting the same reply in both threads, perhaps one of them can be closed?

A few weeks back all the missing Episodes from S4 appeared, very nice thankyou! Except now the whole of S4 is showing as expiring in 2 weeks, and S1-S3 still show no expiry date.

S4 also seems to play out using legacy-VOD, S1-S3 using the IP version - the geek in me wonders if this is S1-S3 being classed as "BoxSet" and S4 is somehow "CatchUp". Not that it makes much difference, I'm upto halfway through S2 and only picked up recording them in S5....

0 Kudos