Menu
Highlighted
Lewlew
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Love Nature + Smithsonian Channel

My husband keeps seeing a heads up, now and then,  on Love Nature 293/294  that it's HD is moving to the same channel as Smithsonian 295 soon.  It does not come up every time and can't get it now.

So if LN moves there... where will Smithsonian go? 

Disclaimer:  I do NOT use the remote or select the shows in this household LOL! 

Cheers for any help.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Love Nature + Smithsonian Channel

According to the channel guide HERE it is not moving to 295:

"From Tuesday 29 November, Love Nature will only be available in HD (CH 293)."

So it looks like they are just removing the SD version of the channel.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

On 5th November.

PBS America is moving to 273
Forces TV is moving to 274
LoveNature HD is moving to 275
Smithsonian is moving to 276

Oddly there's not a pop-up message currently on History2 HD, which must also be moving, probably to 272, as it's currently on 273.

pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I do wish VM had a standard consistent way to announce/document such changes.

We had random pop-ups but also announcement under "News" in this community, and on the Printed Channel Guide webpage at the end of Sept and then 1st October.

The annoying thing is those are still there a month later, but nothing on these 'minor' changes.

Although they've posted an image of the PDF guide from 5th Nov, not changed the download files yet.
Its a big document to work through for changes rather than confirming a memo?
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@pdfbt40 wrote:
I do wish VM had a standard consistent way to announce/document such changes.

We had random pop-ups but also announcement under "News" in this community, and on the Printed Channel Guide webpage at the end of Sept and then 1st October.

The annoying thing is those are still there a month later, but nothing on these 'minor' changes.

Although they've posted an image of the PDF guide from 5th Nov, not changed the download files yet.
Its a big document to work through for changes rather than confirming a memo?

They have. Its just nowt to do with VM officially.

Plug "Media Boy" into google and you will find the droids you are looking for....

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seems a bit specious to take my request for a large company like VM to have standard change management to ISO standards and refer me to an independent blog.

I think your VIP VM induction has failed!

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@pdfbt40 wrote:

Seems a bit specious to take my request for a large company like VM to have standard change management to ISO standards and refer me to an independent blog.

I think your VIP VM induction has failed!

VM induction would be for VM employees, which VIPs are not.  As we are not employees we are free to express opinions and pass comment (within reason) and you are more then welcome to ignore those comments/opinions if you don't like them.  I don't see a need for the snarkiness.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Lewlew
Up to speed
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone... finally saw what was posted as the changes, but for some 'seniors' it's a bit hard and I had to make a list for another family member who does not live with us after my husband pointed out the confusing changes.

Cheers!  

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Pointing out a systemic failure of VM and the attitude of appointed VIPs that they can do no wrong is not snarkiness but fact.

Just because some VIPs do not work for VM does not make them independent.  They help out VM for free and often provide simple solutions and seem to have routes into the system customers don't have.  However too many make excuses for VM failures and poor service na the systemic faults, like programme position changes continue.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@pdfbt40 wrote:

Pointing out a systemic failure of VM and the attitude of appointed VIPs that they can do no wrong is not snarkiness but fact.

Just because some VIPs do not work for VM does not make them independent.  They help out VM for free and often provide simple solutions and seem to have routes into the system customers don't have.  However too many make excuses for VM failures and poor service na the systemic faults, like programme position changes continue.

Can you point to any evidence of this? In what threads do VIP's defend VM when they mess up? ESPECIALLY over customer service? I guess I imagined the number of times VIP's have held VM to account, provided inside knowledge of VM systems to the paying customers advantage, or indeed in one case got parliamentary scrutiny brought to customer service issues.

In what way is pointing to a publicly available resource that gives EXACTLY the information they require (as confirmed by OP) -  being apologetic for VM?

And indeed if you actually READ and understood my post with an open mind, you would may realise its "extracting the Michael" out of a situation whereby VM seem unable to provide the information requested and yet some random 3rd party can. Hence "nowt to do with VM". Whilst supplying OP with the information they want.

As far as I'm concerned, jobs a goodun.

I apologise for your inability to comprehend my intent, let me know which posts of mine you are going to read and Ill colour code- Maybe green for "factual" and red for "veiled dig at VM's systems", you dig?

Use Kudos to say thanks