Menu
Highlighted
Jaks21
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loss of TV and broadband - change of package

I currently have TV, Broadband and landline, but I'm sick of having no broadband and TV for most of the day since 25th June, and nothing at all since this Monday. The fix date keeps extending.  I want to wait and see what happens to the TV but I can't wait any longer for the broadband to be fixed as it's now affecting my work and I'm soon going to be paying for more data on my mobile as I'm having to set up a mobile hotspot to do anything.  So, will the availability/number of channels change if I cancel my broadband and phone? I've been a customer since it was NTL in 2004 and I'm sad that I'm having to cancel now. Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of TV and broadband - change of package

What TV box do you have? If a V6 then it MUST connect via VM BB. So you would have to downgrade to a Tivo. That would drive me mad - and I would move to Sky!

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jaks21
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  I have an old TiVo box but not sure what it is.

Can't move to Sky, live in flat and they won't allow a dish on the building as the other tenants have refused as they are happy with their freeview so don't see the need!  As soon as Sky can offer their TV package without as dish, I'm there.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK - call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm [calling early (8-10) is best!]) you will then usually get a UK call centre who are more helpful and understanding. If you are out of contract you will be in a much better negotiating position and will get a better deal in lieu of signing a new 1 year (TV only) package. You will be able to choose which channels package to take - see the VM Shop website to pick what you want.
You probably wont save huge amounts of money as "full" packages attract bigger discounts.
If you are still in contract they will likely levy charges as well for moving package from the one you agreed too and signed up for.
Anyways just call and see what they offer.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jaks21
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the help. Not fussed about saving money, that would just be a bonus, I just want a service that works.

0 Kudos