Menu
nevwg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

List of available movies

Is there a website on which there is a simple list of currently available movies, perhaps with listings under type of movie? If there is a link to such a list at

http://www.virginmedia.com/entertainment/movies.html

I can't see it. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: List of available movies

Hello nevwg,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Because movies are added and changed so often then we couldn't be able to keep an up to date list online so instead if you want to know what movies we have available then you will find them by going to the movies option on your Virgin box.

I hope this helps and if you have any further queries just let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nevwg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks!

Neville

0 Kudos
DeclanODonohoe
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think thats pretty bad.

Ive just gone from one of the old style virgin boxes where the movie listings was in text to one of the new boxes where the movies appear as little pictures.

Scrolling through that list of movies was a bit clunky but it was something I could do from the Sofa and did regularly and therefore  bought movies regularly.

Maybe its my telly but with this new system I cant read what the films are from these little pictures, the only way I can is by getting up and going close to the

TV, and Im not going to do that for the length of time it takes to scroll through all those films,

Thats why I came here looking for a movie listing. I dont get at all why you say it would be a major task for you to maintain a web page with a list of all current movies, Working in IT I know that would be a trivial additional task.that whoever is uplodaing and removing movies on your system could do.

Well as of now my watching online movies on Virgin is ending. I watched one last week that you had advertised on this site under new releases but there is no way Im going to spend forever and a day standing in front of my TV scrolling though those movie images to find something of interest.

0 Kudos
dgh59
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's a feeble answer to be honest. The speed at which the information is available through the clunky and slow Virgin Media TV interface is the reason people want to have quick access online - to see if there's anything worth switching the damned TV on for. I've got to tell you, the TV interface on Virgin Media is the most user unfriendly interface I think I've ever used. And to say that you cannot put this information online shows just how non consumer focussed you guys are. As broadband coverage widens and there's more competition you'll find people will look around a bit more. You guys have put my fees up at every opportunity, and the service hasn't improved one jot. And when I want to watch a film, it's simpler to leave the house and go the cinema (and you can bet it's not a Vue cinema)

0 Kudos
Shin-Gi-Tai
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Rose but that's an awful reply.

Are you seriously trying to say that it's an easier job to upload a digital movie onto your subscription database and integrate it into the network so it can be supplied to households across the UK (not to mention its integration into what amounts to being an online store) than it is to add a text entry to a list?

Virgin Media holds a database list of every program and film it provides to its subscribers or how else does it let these subscribers have access to its content? Without being massively technical about it - that list just needs to be replicated to the website.

Then people who want to know what actual content is available at the moment can look it up from work, on the train, or in advance of ordering the service.

The fact that movies are added or changed a lot is neither here nor there - just take a look at any of the number of FREE stock price tickers on websites which poll the world's company stock values on a second by second basis. 

Your reply should probably have been:

"The idea of providing a dynamic list of films and programs for both our current and future subscribers is a good one - it's just not a service that we have at the moment - I'll definitely forward the concept on to the team so we can look at providing a truly modern digital service".

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A list of movies on Sky On Demand  (same as Now TV)

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php

You can also use Just Watch to see what is on Netflix as well

https://www.justwatch.com/uk/new

0 Kudos