Menu
Highlighted
Nataliel1994
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving virgin and no help!

Leaving virgin media, as my bill has gone up a considerable amount, phoned up and was offered a £5 reduction on my bill considering it had gone up by nearly £25 p/m i didnt think that it was very fair. Have been with virgin for almost 7 years and always paid our bills on time and never had a problem. I find it very discouraging that loyal customers such as myself are not getting the same offers and deals that new customers are receiving. For example the same package that im on which costs me £67pm is being offered to new customers for £49. Sorry to be leaving hoping i get better customer loyalty at SKY! 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving virgin and no help!

'the same package that im on which costs me £67pm is being offered to new customers for £49. Sorry to be leaving hoping i get better customer loyalty at SKY!'

you aren't a new customer. sky operate the same business model cheap to get in new customers - prices go up. it is the way of the world and many companies do it.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Nataliel1994 wrote:

Sorry to be leaving hoping i get better customer loyalty at SKY! 

You wont.  And in 18 months when they double your bill you will be back to VM.    This is just how the system has been set up by the regulators.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
nickRG21
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've just had the same experience. I suspect that they are getting a lot of calls with the forthcoming price increase, most of which will be pacified with a £5 discount.

Previously, if I've agreed to extend my contract for 12 months, I've received a discount that was nearly as good as a new customer. The guy on the phone said that the existing customer discounts change monthly and are usually released towards the end of the month.

The guy tried hard to change my mind, but I've reduced my TV package and broadband speed, saving £25/m. This is without a loyalty discount and on a rolling monthly contract.

I think that the regulators want a situation where the discount is based on whether you sign up for or renew a short or long term contract, regardless of whether you are a new customer or not. This would save a lot of this ping-ponging between providers.

0 Kudos