Menu
sean8050
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ideas for Multi Room With Minimum Cables

I have recently installed a second TV in our 'snug', i have ran a power cable and socked under the floorboards and to the tv. It would be a massive effort to run the virgin cable in too from the current box to a second. Is there any wireless options?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ideas for Multi Room With Minimum Cables

Do you want MultiRoom or just to run two TVs from a single cable TV box?

If the former, you need a second cable TV box at the second TV and all cable TV boxes require a cable co-ax connection.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ideas for Multi Room With Minimum Cables

@sean8050 wrote:

I have recently installed a second TV in our 'snug', i have ran a power cable and socked under the floorboards and to the tv. It would be a massive effort to run the virgin cable in too from the current box to a second. Is there any wireless options?

Thanks in advance.

Cable TV is not IPTV. It is Broadcast TV, so the boxes receive all 250+ channels all the time. This requires huge bandwidth so a direct coax connection is the only option available. With V6 boxes the internet requirements of the box can be wireless, but even this is dependent on a good connection.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos