Menu
timlinc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was expecting 2 V6 boxes

I have recently had Virgin TV (VIP package) installed with 2 boxes, 1 is a V6 box (this is fine) and the other box is a TiVo box.

When the engineer arrived to install the TV service I noticed that I was supplied with these boxes instead of 2 V6 boxes which I expected.

When ordering the service I am sure I said to the operative 'will I get 2 V6 boxes' and I am sure she said yes.

From experience or your knowledge, can I have the TiVo box replaced with a 2nd V6 box which is what I expected to have ?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I was expecting 2 V6 boxes

The VIP package comes with two v6 on the website.  The person who booked the order doesn't seem to have done it correctly

0 Kudos
timlinc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jb66,

I thought that was correct.

I guess a call to Customer Services should resolve it ?

0 Kudos
timlinc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well having called Customer Services I have been advised that it isn't included in the VIP bundle that you are automatically supplied with 2 x V6 boxes, it only includes 1 x V6 box and 1 x TiVo box and that if you require 2 x V6 boxes then you have to pay £99.95 for an additional box and £25.00 delivery cost.

I'm sure when I spoke with customer services when I placed the order that I confirmed with them I would be able to have 2 V6 boxes.  The reason I specifically asked this is that after doing research on the internet that the V6 boxes are much faster and also that they are both capable of UHD 4K.  Seeing as I have 2 x UHD 4K TV's this is why I checked.

Can this be escaled to VM on this forum ?

Does anyone else have any thoughts/comments on the same issue.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They are "bull*******" you - see the web site - below - clearly says "2 V6 boxes".

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (or 0800 9528046)  - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [08.01 is best!]) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful - explain the situation and they will sort you

Screenshot 2019-02-09 at 14.03.38.png

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
timlinc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

jbrennand

Wow I can't thank you enough for your assistance with this - without your help I probably would have let it be.

But I managed to get straight through to Retentions on the number and options you supplied and within 3 minutes the operative was so helpful, did not query anything and is sending me out a new V6 box for delivery this Tuesday !

I hold my hat off to you !

Thanks again !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Legend
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Excellent. Always better going that route for non-technical issues at least.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also, note that the VIP Bundle includes "4K Ultra HD" - which can only be delivered with the V6. CS should know this but some of the agents are really poor at their jobs.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would speak to retentions to cancel your service, hopefully that will give them the kick they need

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My experience a year ago, was that that TiVo boxes are not powerful enough to deal with the processing and memory requirements of Netflix, bbc iPlayer etc ... so they would need to pay me 99£ to use that machine unless it has changed 

0 Kudos