cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel premier sports

Craig1472
Tuning in

Can someone please advise how this can be done.

loads of people wanting answers to this but no response on the phone or online from VM ?

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The situation is likely to continue for a while, & its just a case of keep trying. VM have lost 50-60% of their capacity to answer calls as the offshore call centres are out of action. There is currently a drive to recruit & train 500 new UK call centre staff, & as these go into the system in the next few weeks it should improve.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the prompt response.

with loosing 50-60% of their capacity to act in a cancellation.

one would assume that it will be equally difficult to make an addition to their package - yes ?

I have the same issue.  I have been able to pause my Sky Sports subscription online but no option for Premier Sports.  Why? 

I only got the channel for one match in January.  There's no reason why customers should have to wait for up to an hour to cancel this channel, especially when there is an option to pause Sky Sports online...

When I try to call the customer support number, it just hangs up on me.  Very frustrating.   

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Craig1472 wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response.

with loosing 50-60% of their capacity to act in a cancellation.

one would assume that it will be equally difficult to make an addition to their package - yes ?

Yes it would.

Even though the option is available through the website & on TV handsets, it still requires a CS agent to physically action the request.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bruce778 wrote:

I have the same issue.  I have been able to pause my Sky Sports subscription online but no option for Premier Sports.  Why? 

I only got the channel for one match in January.  There's no reason why customers should have to wait for up to an hour to cancel this channel, especially when there is an option to pause Sky Sports online...

When I try to call the customer support number, it just hangs up on me.  Very frustrating.   

This is a decision by Premier Sports themselves not to offer a pause (this applies to all their customers, not just the ones subscribing via Virgin). I can only make the assumption that their operation is so small that the losses would put them out of business if they did.

Premier Sports is payable on a monthly basis so can be cancelled at any time - what I want to do is cancel, not pause. 

I can order it by click of a button on the screen but I can't cancel it because I can't speak to Virgin. 

Hardly seems fair that I have to keep paying £10 a month for a service I don't want does it?  If Virgin can process pausing of Sky Sports by an online button request, I don't see why they can't receive cancellation requests for Premier Sports by the same method. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bruce778 wrote:

Premier Sports is payable on a monthly basis so can be cancelled at any time - what I want to do is cancel, not pause. 

I can order it by click of a button on the screen but I can't cancel it because I can't speak to Virgin. 

Hardly seems fair that I have to keep paying £10 a month for a service I don't want does it?  If Virgin can process pausing of Sky Sports by an online button request, I don't see why they can't receive cancellation requests for Premier Sports by the same method. 

1) Some people that have “paused” Sky Sports two weeks ago are still waiting for a response to their online request. The channels aren’t being removed, just credited, so it doesn’t require any contract change.

2) Cancelling a channel has a notice period & is a contract change, so requires DPA checks to be passed, as anyone can use the website without the customers consent.