cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for new channels to appear?

wmstevens
Tuning in

I upgraded my package online yesterday morning, but there's no sign of the new channels yet. How long should this take?

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi wmstevens,

package updates preformed over the phone are actioned immediately. Any other method can take up to 48 hours as the systems needs to be manually updated. Upgrades that require new equipment aren't actioned until the new equipment is installed and activated.

You can try and force a channel update using your remote control and pressing HOME Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo,

Thanks for trying to help. I suppose I just have to wait for someone at Virgin Media to pull their finger out and action my upgrade. In the meantime, I'm off to leave a one star review on Trustpilot.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's been more than a couple of weeks, and the channel refresh still hasn't changed anything, I'd say it's a fair bet your changes haven't been actioned and are unlikely to be.

I'd call in and request whatever it was you wanted to amend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi japitts,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Obviously it's not your fault, but I feel spending an hour on the phone rather defeats the point of upgrading online.

It never fails to astonish me just how incompetent Virgin Media is. Poor customer service is one thing, but you'd think they'd at least be organised enough to take extra money from someone. If it wasn't a private monopoly, it would have gone out of business years ago.

To anyone who may be reading this while wondering if they should upgrade their package with Virgin Media - switch to a better provider instead.

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
I have escalated to the Forum Team for them to see what can be done to sort this out for you. The staff are busy at present but this does need some intervention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As a matter of interest, what was the package change that you requested online, @wmstevens ?

I have flagged this post to VM forum staff again, but if you can explain the change you requested on here, it may just expedite things when staff come along.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wmstevens

Thanks for posting.

My apologies for the delayed reply.

I'll happily look into the package issue. I'll PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill