Menu
Grannyager
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How long does it take to boot up?

We have one of the older boxes - pre Tivo so that gives you an idea.  It takes upwards of a minute for it to boot up which feels like forever when you are trying to just turn the tv on.  Is this a normal boot up time or is it time to upgrade the box?

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long does it take to boot up?

Perfectly normal behaviour. In fact if it's a V+ box, they can sometimes take >20 minutes to boot up when they begin to fail.

All Virgin's set-top boxes are designed to be left on 24/7 so if you just put the box in standby instead of powering it off at the mains you won't have to wait for it to boot up when you want to use it.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Grannyager
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It turns itself off so it is booting up from standby.  I don’t turn it off at the mains, it turns itself off after about 3 hours. I’m guessing the solution is to upgrade to the new box? But that could be a problem as it’s in a different room entirely from the broadband hub.

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I see. You must have a V HD box. In that case, go to Home > Settings > Power Saving Settings & change it to "Standby" rather than "Power Off". The box will now come on instantly.

You can upgrade to the V6 box if you like which will give you the ability to record programmes and pause live TV. The V6 doesn't have to be in the same room as your Superhub as it can be connected via powerline adaptors or WiFi if the signal is good enough. There may be costs involved depending on what package you are on.

Or alternatively you could go for the TiVo box which doesn't need to be connected to the Superhub at all. However it's very slow in operation and personally I'd avoid it if possible.

Grannyager
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that worked!
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back and letting us know! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grannyager

Thanks for getting back to us about this, I'm glad to hear that things have improved with your serviceMan Happy

We'll be here should that change or you need any support or assistance with your service moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos