Menu
chrisw0161
Joining in
Message 21 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I upgrade to the new TV box

@av-115 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:
So you can link to the amended T&Cs that say it's per account and not per box then?

Clearly not, as the T&Cs are outdated as I've just said. You work for the company, perhaps you could use your influence to get them updated.

What I can link to, is a post by arguably the most knowledgable member of the forum team from last year which backs up what I've said. Click.

To quote:

@Karen_A wrote:

We have recently changed the pricing structure on this [...] removing the TiVo® monthly fee

Then surely they have to honour the lowest price. They have nobody to blame but themselves if they can't be bothered to update their Ts & Cs. If you see 2 prices for the same item in a shop they have to honour the lowest price until it's amended, or would you be happy to pay the higher price?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 22 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I'm completely lost now.

Anyone who adds an additional box now pays the lower monthly price.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
chrisw0161
Joining in
Message 23 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@SEB37 wrote:

chrisw0161

You were indeed fortunate to get your free update last Friday, because before that I was told that it would cost £99 to upgrade.  Trying to upgrade online is not possible, so you have to ring.  The link you have provided in your last post is the first time I have seen it online.

As a new customer, is it possible to get a bundle now without a V6 box?  The only bundles I could find online were for V6 Tivo boxes. 

Unless you are willing to pay £99 for an upgrade, as an existing customer you are effectively treated as "second class" by Virgin Media.  

What happens when my Tivo box breaks down, which it will eventually, or VM software no longer supports it?

I've been with VM since Nynex first laid the cables.  It doesn't seem to be a good way to treat loyal customers. I didn't upgrade early in the year because there didn't appear to be any rush and then holidays etc came. I have to say I'm not a happy customer at the moment and Sky do keep pestering me.

They originally told me it would be £99 + £20 activation until I referred them to their own statement and they agreed to change me over for free.

We had 2 older boxes previously which they told us they were no longer going to support, but they didn't tell me that until I rang to upgrade. If your Tivo box breaks down they will probably change it for a V6.

As you found out, if you didn't upgrade (or get the invitation in the first place) early enough they decided to quietly withdraw the upgrade and after saying in January 'Starting today Virgin Media is offering existing Virgin TV customers a free upgrade to its V6 box' with no time limit or end date quoted.

BTW I've also been with them since Nynex days.

0 Kudos
chrisw0161
Joining in
Message 24 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:
So you can link to the amended T&Cs that say it's per account and not per box then?

Clearly not, as the T&Cs are outdated as I've just said. You work for the company, perhaps you could use your influence to get them updated.

What I can link to, is a post by arguably the most knowledgable member of the forum team from last year which backs up what I've said. Click.

To quote:

@Karen_A wrote:

We have recently changed the pricing structure on this [...] removing the TiVo® monthly fee

She also quoted ' We have recently changed the pricing structure on this making the installation of a second box £14.99 for activation only, and then £7.50 per month, removing the TiVo® monthly fee'.

So can you explain why having second box fitted has just cost me a one off  £60 = £11.50 per month, a situation I am still trying to get resolved.

It seems to me that the pricing structure is all over the place depending on who you happen to speak to on the phone and which set of Ts & Cs they are working to.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 25 of 31
Flag for a moderator

It definitely should not cost you £11.50 a month for an additional box. All new additional boxes should be £7.50 a month.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
chrisw0161
Joining in
Message 26 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

I'm completely lost now.

Anyone who adds an additional box now pays the lower monthly price.

Join the club.

0 Kudos
SEB37
Joining in
Message 27 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I looked at this link.  What is noticeable is that VM were charging £49 for a second V6 box.  Why are they now asking me to pay £90 for a replacement for the Tivo box.  I'm sure the cost hasn't gone up by that amount.

It's really a question of customer satisfaction.  Any customer services department will tell you that the best way to get repeat business or business retention is to keep your customers happy.  The important word is "keep".  Clearly VM have not heard of this.  To say you are going to give a free upgrade for something, but not say that it is for a limited time, and then not to give warning that the free upgrade is coming to a close is NOT good customer relations.

One of the other reasons I did not jump at the chance of the free upgrade was that we were having problems with my husband's email, which no one settled able to resolve until after many weeks we managed to contact someone (purely by luck) who knew something about the subject and he resolved it in minutes.

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 28 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@chrisw0161 wrote:

@av-115 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:

To quote:

@Karen_A wrote:

She also quoted ' We have recently changed the pricing structure on this making the installation of a second box £14.99 for activation only, and then £7.50 per month, removing the TiVo® monthly fee'.

So can you explain why having second box fitted has just cost me a one off  £60 = £11.50 per month, a situation I am still trying to get resolved.

It seems to me that the pricing structure is all over the place depending on who you happen to speak to on the phone and which set of Ts & Cs they are working to.

Because you are on a pre-September 2016 contract. They should have explained this to you but it's no secret many of them just don't know what they're doing. Those who haven't re-contracted since the pricing was revised still pay the old pricing (£11.50 per month, per box) even if they take on an additional box now, as I explained in my earlier post.

You need to ring up again, use the "thinking of leaving us" option followed by "technical issue" and tell them you're paying too much and ask what can they offer you. Take this opportunity to have a moan about the TiVo box as well. They will then move you on to something more current, and you will pay the current pricing for any additional boxes (£7.50).

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
chrisw0161
Joining in
Message 29 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

@chrisw0161 wrote:

@av-115 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:

To quote:

@Karen_A wrote:

Because you are on a pre-September 2016 contract. They should have explained this to you but it's no secret many of them just don't know what they're doing. Those who haven't re-contracted since the pricing was revised still pay the old pricing (£11.50 per month, per box) even if they take on an additional box now, as I explained in my earlier post.

You need to ring up again, use the "thinking of leaving us" option followed by "technical issue" and tell them you're paying too much and ask what can they offer you. Take this opportunity to have a moan about the TiVo box as well. They will then move you on to something more current, and you will pay the current pricing for any additional boxes (£7.50).

Do you have access to my details held by VM? How do you know what contract I am on?

I actually have a printed copy of my contract in front of me and it clearly states that my current contract started on 20th August 2018. I then added a second box and have been charged a one off £60 + £11.50 per month, as I explained in my earlier post.

This is apart from the quote from one of the VM forum team 'installation of a second box £14.99 for activation only, and then £7.50 per month'

0 Kudos
chrisw0161
Joining in
Message 30 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Duplicate post, sorry.

@av-115
0 Kudos