cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a BT sport app with a Virgin Package?

Thomo9577
Just joined

I’m a Virgin tv and broadband customer that subscribes to BT sports, I need the BT app to watch certain programmes but BT ask for an account number, I’m not a BT customer so don’t have an account, I subscribe through Virgin?????

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The BT app is only available if you have an account directly with BT, either through using their Broadband service or via Sky, for which you still have to have a BT account.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BT do not make their app available to Virgin media customers.

The main BT sport channels can be viewed on the VM TV Go app.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for your response, basically what I want to do is watch a documentary on bt sport. Usually on Virgin I’d find it on catch up, but it appears catch up doesn’t work for bt programmes, so I either record the documentary if it’s ever on again or get the bt app, which it seems I can’t as I have no bt account 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Thomo9577,

Yes you can record the program/documentary 

As @Graham_A advised you can watch BT Sports using the VM TVGo app instead.

If you haven't already downloaded the app then the links to download it for the various operating systems are on this page download-virgin-tv-go 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali