Menu
mailee
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How can I remove all of the HD channels from my tivo box?

I can't seem to find an answer to this but does anyone know how I can remove all of the HD channels from my tivo box? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I remove all of the HD channels from my tivo box?

You can't find an answer to this question because the answer is you can't remove channels from your package, or from the programme guide. You can set up a favourites list to exclude them but the list is not permanent. In fact VM are currently reordering the channel list in some areas to give precedence to HD channels over SD channels; though the SD channels remain available - but on different numbers.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
mailee
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Bah! Thanks for the info. That is the reason I wanted to remove them as they have just made bbc2 into a hd channel on number 102! The only other bbc2 I can find is on channel number 852 but I think this one is audio descriptive which I also don't like. I do have a HD tv but all of the HD channels with Virgin have the sound less than half the volume of a standard channel? I am trying to get rid of all the HD channels so I am not having to continually alter the volume on each channel. Thanks again for the info, looks like I may have to go back to free to air instead, annoying! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The HD volume issue is common to TiVO users. The BBC2 change is exactly what I am talking about. You can turn off AD. Guidance below:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

This thread offers more enlightenment:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/BBC-HD-Channels-moving-up/td-p/388634...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
praxis
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@mailee wrote:

Bah! Thanks for the info. That is the reason I wanted to remove them as they have just made bbc2 into a hd channel on number 102! The only other bbc2 I can find is on channel number 852 but I think this one is audio descriptive which I also don't like. I do have a HD tv but all of the HD channels with Virgin have the sound less than half the volume of a standard channel? I am trying to get rid of all the HD channels so I am not having to continually alter the volume on each channel. Thanks again for the info, looks like I may have to go back to free to air instead, annoying! 

The audio issue is supposed to be a known issue since launch it is supposed to be getting sorted but as it is over two years since launch I would not hold my breath waiting

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BBC2 SD should be available on 865 but there seems to be an error currently whereby the Guide shows 862 to 865 as unsubscribed.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

BBC2 SD should be available on 865 but there seems to be an error currently whereby the Guide shows 862 to 865 as unsubscribed.

No problems with these where I am. Initially when I switched on 862 to 864 were completely missing. I put the box back into standby for a minute, turned it on again & the regional BBC1s are back.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

No problems with these where I am. Initially when I switched on 862 to 864 were completely missing. I put the box back into standby for a minute, turned it on again & the regional BBC1s are back.

@nodrogd wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

Yep back again here, a temporary blip it seems.

kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

who wants to REMOVE HD channels?    They will one day be the norm and the picture is sooo much better.

0 Kudos
mailee
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have no doubt that the picture quality is a bit better but the sound is useless as it is half the volume of the normal channels! 

0 Kudos