cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a V6 box

Alex1972
Joining in

We are just re- doing the kitchen /lounge and building a media wall to house tv and soundbar. The V6 box is too bulky And I don’t want it on show - can it be hidden in a kitchen cupboard about a metre away? I’ve tried hiding the current box behind the unit as is to mock it up but the remote control connection is intermittent.

any help welcomed thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

You need to pair the V6 remote via the RF side to do this as I believe it is using the IR side.

1) Press Home on the remote.

2) Select Help & Settings - Settings

3) Select Devices

4) Select Pair Remote

Make sure that the remote is close to the V6 box when doing this and it can take a few minutes.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks - I’ve tried that this morning and it has paired.

it’s still intermittent when i place the box behind the Current unit in an attempt to mimic it - should it work even if the box is behind a closed door and not directly by Tv ? 

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

It should work behind a closed door with the RF now somethings may affect the range of the RF i.e. metal items, shouldnt make any difference how close to TV, have you tried a new set of batteries as the RF signal uses a lot more power than does the IR.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If it's a box with a wooden or glass door it should work - ours does.  Any metal in front will screen it, as you have found.

If it's inside a box you must make sure it has adequate ventilation - especially if there are other units in there with it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.