Menu
FLS
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Help with TV options - Fun TV no longer available?

Hi,

I have just called 150 as I would like to remove a premium TV channel (Racing UK) from my package.

I have been told that the TV package I have - Fun TV is no longer available and I need to choose between MixTV and MaxTV.

I am find it very difficult to compare the costs of these two options on-line for my monthly bill - for the next 12 months and then ongoing. I would be very grateful if a VM person could PM me this information.

I also have two specific questions:

If I change to MixTV from FunTV (which I perceive as a downgrade) which channels will I lose - does MixTV include Eurosport? How can I find out this information?

Max TV seems to be an upgrade. Would this include all existing channels plus BT sport?

My preference would be to simply remove the premium channel and remain on the Fun TV package if that is possible.

FLS

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help with TV options - Fun TV no longer available?

The "TV channel guide" page is probably as good as anywhere to start:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide - if you scroll down on there, you can also download a PDF copy of the latest guide.

Eurosport 1 & 2 HD are now in the Mix pack.

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bit surprised that your main pack is even an issue if all you are wanting to do is drop a Premium channel. Premium channels are separate entities as I understand it.

If you were changing packs Mix, like Fun, is a legacy pack and no longer available. It's Mixit and Maxit the two choices now. Mixit has the option of adding Personal Pick packs like Factual or Sport Lite for additional £.

Unless VM is being ruthless about moving people onto their new packs for even minor changes to Premium channel bolt-ons, I'd say the person you spoke to is wrong, you should be able to stay on your legacy pack and drop the Premium channel.

FLS
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. It looks like Mixit will be fine for us if we can't stay on the FunTV.

0 Kudos
FLS
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying. I am hoping that VM will say that I was given the wrong information too! Every other year it has been very simple just to remove this channel.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi FLS,

If you're just wanting to remove the Racing Channel then we just need 30 days notice and your package should revert to the Fun TV Package. You will only be changed to a different package if you want change your package or contract.

Regards,

Lisa

FLS
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dear Lisa,

Thank you. Why, in that case, are 150 insisting otherwise and who can I call who can sort this out for me if not 150? As I have to wait 30 days to remove the channel these delays incur costs.

Kind regards,

FLS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Eurosport 1 & 2 HD are in the Mix TV pack, but not the Mixit TV pack. That's an important distinction. It's fair to say that Mixit TV is a significant downgrade from both Mix TV and Fun TV.

Anyone moving from Mix TV or Fun TV to Mixit TV will lose many of their TV channels, including:

Sky One, Sky Two, Sky Witness, Sky Arts, Sky Crime, GOLD HD, FOX, Universal TV, SYFY, TCM, W, Alibi, Comedy Central, E!, Movies 24, Lifetime HD, Film4 HD, Eurosport 1 HD, Eurosport 2 HD, MTV, MTV Music, MTV Hits, MTV Base, Club MTV, MTV Rocks, MTV OMG, VH1, The Box, Kiss, Magic, DMAX, Love Nature, Eden, TLC HD, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Mix etc.

The only way to get all of these channels back is to pay for multiple Personal Picks or upgrade to Maxit TV.
0 Kudos
FLS
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone for your help on this topic.

I am pleased that I didn't simply change to Mix it TV. Very confusing to have Mixit and Mix TV meaning two different things.

I tried 150 again today and although the operator did ask if I wanted to upgrade was happy to simply remove the package when I said no.

FLS

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi FLS,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, I am glad to hear you have now been able to remove the package, apologies again for the time it took to sort it out.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos