Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hayu keeps freezing

Hi Pidg2003, sorry that the problem with your HayU app happened again.

Right now, since you've already checked your wired connection and Youtube is fine and, rebooting the system, does get the Hayu app going. It means that your broadband and the box is working good. However, the issue comes back with the HayU app. You could ask assistance from the support team of HayU, by checking their support website, www.support.hayu.com.

However,  if you are available to talk to our service assurance team to further assist you, we can do this via online chat.

Tell me how it goes.

^Nina_S

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Why don't you connect the V6 to the hub by Ethernet cable to see if it solves the problem.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
pidg2003
Joining in
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

They are in different rooms but could try moving the v6 box into the router room just to see if that works.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The V6 needs the coaxial cable for the move. Just get a length of cat 5e patch cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
pidg2003
Joining in
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Ok so after much messing around the problem could not be resolved with VM. So I bought a NowTV stick and connected it to the Hayu App and it works fine, no freezing or thrown off messages. And it's a pound a month cheaper. So I will now be cancelling my hayu subscription through Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Littlefeet36
Joining in
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same issues with hay u via virgin and it only seems to be getting worse but I object to paying for the app when I can watch the channel for free on virgin. I’ve tried everything suggested there is clearly an issue with hay u via virgin surely they can look at this there are enough of us complaining. ☹️

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Littlefeet36

Sorry to understand that you're having some issues with the HayU app via your set top box. Do you have the same issue when watching via another platform?

As you already have HayU as part of your package, you won't need to pay for the service again - you can log in using another platform and use your HayU account without additional charge. 

Pop back and let us know if you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Littlefeet36
Joining in
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie I will try on my iPad and let you know. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Littlefeet36

Were you able to check on your iPad?

Fingers crossed everything is okay now. 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
yorkshirerosie
Joining in
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I’ve the same problem. Recently called as WiFi is bad, been told got problems with signal so they’ve sent us a WiFi booster. Not helping with watching shows via hayu or Netflix though. Prob only occurs watching via virgin .  Apparently no one can do anything about it so I’ve got to call customer relations next. 

Not sure what I pay this money for if I can’t get the service I pay for or any type of resolution 

0 Kudos