Menu
Highlighted
Richardc2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD channels pixelated and scrambled

Hi for the last few weeks quite a few of my HD channels have been pixelated and scrambled, Evan the programmes I have set to record are not clear , I have bought new hdmi cables and it’s still not working properly, it only seems to have issues in the evening when I watch during the day all the channels seem fine , can anybody help please ?? 

Richard 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HD channels pixelated and scrambled

The vast majority of the time, pixellated pictures are a signal fault which can only be resolved by Virgin remedying whatever's causing it.

Call it in as a "fault with my TV service", but be aware of C/S agents who may "fix" it by restarting your box - do that before calling, yourself.

Richardc2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yea I tried all the usual re boot things but to no avail , I also changed the hdmi leads for some gold ones and that didn’t work , so had to bite  the bullet and call customer services and waste 40mins of my evening, to finally get an engineer to come this Friday to have a look and try and fix the problem, guaranteed it will all work fine when the engineer comes as the problem seems to be worse on an evening.

Fingers crossed it can get sorted out 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you make a recording of some affected channels/programmes to show the engineer when he comes?

I wouldn't be surprised if some of your signal levels are perhaps borderline, and that some times of the day they're in tolerance.

0 Kudos
Richardc2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have programs recorded to show the engineer if it is working at the time of his visit , 

0 Kudos