Menu
Scott44
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HD channels breaking up

All my HD channels are intermittently breaking up/pixelating every 5-10 seconds.

Anybody else having these problems? In WF14 West Yorkshire.

No service issues reported online and have done the usual reboot/check cables process to no avail.
0 Kudos
DeeGee7
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels breaking up

Same here in area 20 especially later in the evening.

@wrote:
All my HD channels are intermittently breaking up/pixelating every 5-10 seconds.

Anybody else having these problems? In WF14 West Yorkshire.

No service issues reported online and have done the usual reboot/check cables process to no avail.

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am getting it here in London as well
0 Kudos
minion101
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Channel 4HD breaking up tonight - 11/1/18. Diagnostics show signal strength is down to 71% with lots of uncorrected errors (other channels 98-100%). Other channels ok at the moment. Nothing showing on service status and diagnostic test gives “this part of the site is not working at the moment”

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting on the community.

There may of been an issue with 4HD at the time so I just need to check if everyone is still experiencing the same issue or if this is happening on different channels?

Speak soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
minion101
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not as bad as it was but still an issue and not just a single channel.

C4HD (Ch 141) intermittently pixelates although it's OK at the moment. Even when it's not pixelating on the V6 box the signal level is down at 77% with an SNR of 30db. Corrected error count is in the millions and still climbing. At this precise moment there are no uncorrected errors but once those corrected errors become uncorrected then that's when it starts pixelating.

Last night BTsport 2 HD (Ch 528) was also pixelating although not as bad as Ch4 HD has been. Today the signal level is 81% with SNR of 35. Today no errors but there were errors last night (mainly corrected).

The vast majority of channels though are fine with a signal level of 98-100%, SNR 40db and maybe a handful of uncorrected errors and no corrected errors. Frequency for C141 is 731000Khz and for 528 is 683000Khz. If anyone knows any other channels in this frequency range then let me know and I'll check how they are looking.

Everything for me was OK until about a week ago. I tried ringing 150 yesterday but they kept talking to me about the wifi router connection to the V6 box and didn't seem to be able to grasp the problem. They did run some remote diagnostics though so I presume the power levels to my box are looking OK - I suspect the problem is further upstream.

Thx

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It seems to happen on the live HD sports channels
0 Kudos
minion101
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

BT sport 2HD Ch 528 pixelating again tonight.......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi minion101,

Thanks for getting back to us.

What I'd like to do next is to arrange for an engineer to take a closer look so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
minion101
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I did reply to the private message on 24/3/18 but I’ve not heard anything more since. C4HD pixelating again tonight. Low SNR and lots of uncorrected errors.....

0 Kudos