Menu
Jov7
Joining in
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Sports Channels Missing

I have the exact same issue, took out the Big package which the website stated would include Sky One & BT Sports however this was not included when the box arrived. I called Virgin and they advised I would need to pay extra for these channels even though the website stated otherwise. False advertising.

0 Kudos
PC_Lyall
Tuning in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Went through customer services by phone and messaging but they would not listen and only keep repeating that the HD channels were not included. I finally got so frustrated and angry that I have not received what they advertised , that I took the advice of another poster who suggested that I contact retentions and see would they would do if I said that I would  be leaving Virgin as they have failed to provide what was advertised and had therefore broken the contract. I did that and at least I finally got to speak to someone who knew what they were talking about ! Retentions finally agreed that their website was misleading for the bundle that I had purchased and added on the HD channels at no extra cost. However, I have just received an email showing my bill has increased to include an extra charge for the HD channels so I don’t know if this is yet another mistake or they are trying it on again ! I have only been with Virgin for one week and I must say that they have been the most difficult provider that I have dealt with . From what I have been told, it appears that Virgin have been taking channels off some packages but have not shown these variants on their website so it has mislead a lot of new customers. As you have said, false advertising.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi PC_Lyall

Thanks for posting, apologies you have been charged for the HD channels when you were advised these were going to be included.

So I can take a look at your account to see what this charge is for you I will pop you over a private message.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Thanks Jodi