Menu
Sam4forest
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HD Sports Channels Missing

Hi There,

Last week I took out the Bigger Bundle & Sports Package (found here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-bundle-sports)

As you can see the package includes Sky Sports HD and Bt Sport HD Channels, however on my tv guide these channels are greyed out, if i select any it says I need to upgrade/speak to sales.

I called up both sales and customer service and they told me the HD channels are not part of this package and I'd have to pay more to get them however it clearly states they are included in the £65 bundle! What can I do here? Feel quite miffed if this is the case and would probably like to cancel if this is the case as feel like I've been mis-sold the deal!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Sports Channels Missing

Hi Sam4forest, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion over the package agreed.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at things for you.

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
craig846
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same issue with my new package, would you be able to message me also?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi craig846,

I'll send you a Private Message, please reply to it so I can take a look for you.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Martin1961
Settling in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’ve had the same problem can you send my a private message 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Martin1961,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you're currently having issues with your TV package.

I'd be happy to look into this for you, just check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

David_Bn

0 Kudos
PC_Lyall
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I took up the £65 Bigger bundle and sports offer from a Virgin brochure that recently came through my door and checked online to see exactly what was included. Sky Sports HD channels are missing despite them being shown as part of the Bigger bundle and sports package and despite phone calls and text messages, all I have been told is that these channels are not included ! I am a new customer of 3 days and not a happy customer . Would be interested to hear how others who have posted the same issue have fared.

PC_Lyall
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HD Sports Channels Missing

I am a new customer of 3 days duration and had also taken up the £65 Bigger Bundle and Sports package . Although the tick list on the VirginMedia website of channels includes Sky Sports HD channels for this package, I do not have them. Have had no joy with customer services or enquiring by messages ; I just keep being told that the package does not include these channels !

I am incurring a £202.21 early termination charge from BT to take up this service and I am now seriously contemplating going back as they offer waiver of the charge and a cheaper deal than I had before. It appears that others with the same problems with the same package have received a personal response but none of the messages say whether or not the matter was resolved. Can anyone advise please ?

0 Kudos
Sam4forest
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, original poster here. Obviously I had exactly the same issue, and after numerous phone calls to customer service nobody was able to help, and the only advice I was given was that they could add the channels for an extra payment. Really frustrating as at exactly the same time I was looking at the offer I took up which specifically said I had HD channels included!

The only way this was resolved was through posting on here and one of the virgin members of staff got in touch and resolved it for me. I’d recommend maybe creating your own thread as think they’d be more likely to respond to that rather than a reply to a different one

PC_Lyall
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and good advice. Appreciated 👍

0 Kudos