Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 31 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free upgrade to Premier Sports?

Hi arrgee1991

If this has been given free as part of an offer to a specified date you will be charged for the package if this is being retained ffrom the date the free period ended.

Given there has been some confusion here I've popped a PM to you for me to touch base further with you on this if that's okay.

Look out for this in the purple envelope.

cheers

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 32 of 41
Flag for a moderator

It really was/is free according to my bill covering 11 Nov - 10 Dec...

Other fees, charges & credits
One-off charges & credits total
CR £9.99
Other fees, charges & credits total
CR £9.99
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 33 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to Karen via Private message and confirming things are sorted. 

If you have any issues with this again, pop back and let us know here and we can investigate things then. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 34 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I got a letter to say it will be going up from £0/month to £9.99/month.  So I called to cancel today.  Well that was a good six months!

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 35 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I got an email at 9.13am this morning to review my new package.

It says...

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract.
Quick recap of what you now enjoy:
Your new package now includes:
No new services have been added
We've removed:
TV: Premier Sports
Here's how your changes take effect:
Service changes were made to your account on 26th February 2019
These changes will take effect* from 26th February 2019
Your next bill will be £nn.nn and will be created as normal on 30th January 2019
The following bill will be £NN.NN and include all credits and adjustments based on when the changes took effect, this is due 28th February 2019

Now this looks wrong because £nn.nn is effectively charging me £9.99/month for Premier Sports.

My letter states

"...if you'd like to cancel your Premier Sports pack because of this pricing change, just give our Customer Services team a ring on 0345 454 1111 and they'll sort it all out for you.  If you do this within 30 days of this letter you will not incur any additional charges for Premier Sports."

So am I incurring additional charges?

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 36 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I would fully expect your bill to have the £9.99 charge added since receiving the letter, because VM services are always paid for a month ahead. On the following month's bill, there should be a credit for Premier Sports, but how much depends on when they are enforcing the charge from. Does the letter you received mention any dates for when the price increase is to take effect?

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 37 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

I would fully expect your bill to have the £9.99 charge added since receiving the letter, because VM services are always paid for a month ahead. On the following month's bill, there should be a credit for Premier Sports, but how much depends on when they are enforcing the charge from. Does the letter you received mention any dates for when the price increase is to take effect?

Yes.  From February.  But it also states that I have 30 days to contact Virgin and not incur charges.

If you do this within 30 days of this letter you will not incur any additional charges for Premier Sports.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 38 of 41
Flag for a moderator

the letter...

C03432_D001/K371165

29/1

Important: about your Premier Sports subscription

Hello Mr ArrGee,

Back in September, you added Premier Sports to your telly pack.

We're really sorry but there was a mistake on our part.  Premier Sports costs £9.99 a month, and this was incorrectly displayed on our website as being available for £0 a month.

You have been charged £9.99 a month to date however because this was our error, we've also applied a credit of £9.99 to your account for each month to date so you won't be worse off.

We're writing to let you know that no further credits will be applied to your account after your bill dated January 2019.  From your bill dated February 2019, if you still want to the keep the channels your price for Premier Sports will be the standard price of £9.99 a month.

We hope you've enjoyed the channels so far.  But if you'd like to cancel your Premier Sports pack because of this pricing change, just give our Customer Services team a ring on 0345 454 1111 and they'll sort it all out for you.  If you do this within 30 days of this letter you will not incur any additional charges for Premier Sports.

Kind Regards

The Virgin Media Team

================================================================

I called within 30 days.  I don't want to incur additional charges.  But eMail implies I will.

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 39 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I still think there'll be a credit on February's bill, but hopefully the forum team will check this for you to save ringing up. Either way you'll end up no worse off thanks to the wording of that letter which clearly states no additional charges if you cancel within 30 days which you have done, so they'd have to credit you back if this doesn't happen automatically.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 40 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

I still think there'll be a credit on February's bill, but hopefully the forum team will check this for you to save ringing up. Either way you'll end up no worse off thanks to the wording of that letter which clearly states no additional charges if you cancel within 30 days which you have done, so they'd have to credit you back if this doesn't happen automatically.

Yes, but letter states "no further credits will be applied to your account after your bill dated January 2019.". 

I read the letter out over the phone when I cancelled.  

Anyway, bill is due tomorrow...

0 Kudos