Menu
newapollo
Dialled in
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Free upgrade to Premier Sports?

I know everybody currently has 2 months free access to Premier Sports, however in "My Upgrades and Offers", there is an option to add Premier Sports for free.

As it's a premium channel which you can add for one month at a time and then cancel, I clicked on the offer to see what happens, and it went through, but no confirmation email back yet.

Will post a follow up to advise if it's just for a month or a set period when I have an update.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Dialled in
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free upgrade to Premier Sports?

I've received an email back informing the Premier Sports have been added to my account at no cost.

I'm currently on a discounted VIP package which expires 17th January, and when it ends and I start paying full price I still won't be paying any extra for the Premier Sports.

So, it looks to me addition, however I'm not sure if that offer is just for those on the VIP package or not.

I wonder if there is a possibility that it will become part of the VIP package in the same way we currently have BT Sport.

EDIT: - Forgot to say, the email said there was no need to sign a new contract ( it didn't alter the length of it.)

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

I've received an email back informing the Premier Sports have been added to my account at no cost.

I'm currently on a discounted VIP package which expires 17th January, and when it ends and I start paying full price I still won't be paying any extra for the Premier Sports.

So, it looks to me addition, however I'm not sure if that offer is just for those on the VIP package or not.

I wonder if there is a possibility that it will become part of the VIP package in the same way we currently have BT Sport.

EDIT: - Forgot to say, the email said there was no need to sign a new contract ( it didn't alter the length of it.)

Works for me and I am not VIP.  Suspect it will be added to full house package.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Seeing it in "My offers & upgrades" does not mean it is being offered to everyone.

Very often VM will target offers at a specific set of customers that are on certain packages.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
sjholland
Dialled in
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Worked for me too.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I had this showing as £0.00 on my "Upgrades and Offers" page too (I have the "Full House Sports Bundle" package)

PS0.JPG

So I thought I'd double-check what the £0.00 really meant - I've just spent 45mins or so on the VM Chat and the guy there confirmed that this will become chargeable after 2 months (at £7.00 per month), but that it is a 30day rolling addition to your package, meaning you'd need to ring up at the end of month 1 to cancel it in time not to pay for month 3 (if you don't want to pay for it).

Please see chat extracts below (please forgive my typos!):

PS1.png   

PS2.png   

PS3.png   

PS4.png   

So those that have signed up should probably be aware that, according to this chat transcript, Premier Sports will not be free for long and you will soon see a charge for it on your bill!

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

sjholland
Dialled in
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Well a couple of hours after I made my selection I received a formal email from VM which confirmed the change to my contract

- Premier Sports was added

- no change to the rate I pay for the remainder of my 12month contract

I am on the VIP bundle so that might explain my different treatment.

av-115
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@keithse wrote:

I had this showing as £0.00 on my "Upgrades and Offers" page too (I have the "Full House Sports Bundle" package)

PS0.JPG

So I thought I'd double-check what the £0.00 really meant - I've just spent 45mins or so on the VM Chat and the guy there confirmed that this will become chargeable after 2 months (at £7.00 per month), but that it is a 30day rolling addition to your package, meaning you'd need to ring up at the end of month 1 to cancel it in time not to pay for month 3 (if you don't want to pay for it).

Please see chat extracts below (please forgive my typos!): 

[...]

That's pretty bad, he neglected to tell you the offer was only for 2 months before you prompted him several times. Notice how keen he was to process it for you? No wonder the forums are swamped with unhappy customers all of the time.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

That's pretty bad, he neglected to tell you the offer was only for 2 months before you prompted him several times. Notice how keen he was to process it for you? No wonder the forums are swamped with unhappy customers all of the time.

Yeah, and what I captured above wasn't even all of the times I asked, e.g. on this one below (in a different format as I didn't screen grab it, just copied to Word) even before he told me the price I had guessed what it might be (this goes between the 1st and 2nd captures of the chat from my post above:

PS1-5.JPG

As you can see, at this point he's still saying it's free - it was 12 minutes after that before he actually said it'd be £7/month after the 1st 2 months!

I'm sure even @sjholland will be carefully checking their bill for the next few months, despite what they've been told via email! Smiley Frustrated

Keith

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sjholland
Dialled in
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

My contract has actually been updated to reflect the addition to Premier and confirms there is no amendment to my payments during the remaining months of my 12 month contract.