Menu
dkjc2018
Joining in
Message 11 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free upgrade to Premier Sports?

HI I contacted Virgin chat this morning as I had the offer in my account to upgrade to Premier Sports for £0.00 for 12 months. They checked and confirmed my offer was correct and monthly cost was £0.00 and runs until the end of my current 12 month contract. I am on the Full House XL Package if that helps anyone

arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 12 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@dkjc2018 wrote:

HI I contacted Virgin chat this morning as I had the offer in my account to upgrade to Premier Sports for £0.00 for 12 months. They checked and confirmed my offer was correct and monthly cost was £0.00 and runs until the end of my current 12 month contract. I am on the Full House XL Package if that helps anyone

Maybe, but they might change the price.  For now it has not added a penny to my bill but if it does I will cancel.  Also on full house TV.  I suspect Premier Sports will remain on there (full house) after the two month trial.  Probably never had such a high number of viewers (especially Pro 14).

0 Kudos
Canarytone
Joining in
Message 13 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I done this last week when I saw it was £0.00 then the next day I received an email informing me my package would subsequently increase by around £10 a month... after a long phone call I was assured I would not be billed.

time will tell 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
stevio11
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Interesting as I amon the full package with sky sports added and was not informed or offered this, in fact all they are offering me is their virgin sim card, no thanks

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 15 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@sjholland wrote:

My contract has actually been updated to reflect the addition to Premier and confirms there is no amendment to my payments during the remaining months of my 12 month contract.

Same here.  I guess I will see what happens come 20th September (or more likely the next bill). My last bill says "These charges are for the period: 11 September - 10 October". Truth be told as long as I have it until 7th October for the Leinster v Munster game, I would be happy enough.  After that the Pro 14 games are thinner on the ground with only one or two a month due to the European Cup.  Hopefull the free month offer with Premier Player is still there come December when all the Irish sides play each other.  https://www.premierplayer.tv/?pp2=1&fs=0&q=46

0 Kudos
newapollo
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Just received an email regarding Premier Sports

Hello David, We hope that you packed in plenty of sporting action during your two free months of Premier Sports. We wanted to let you know that your free period comes to an end on 24th September 2018. There’s nothing you need to do – your subscription will carry on as normal and you’ll see the regular £9.99 monthly fee on your bill. This means you can focus on enjoying edge-of-your-seat entertainment from the GAA, NASCAR and the Guinness Pro14 rugby. Kind regards, The Virgin Media team

0 Kudos
dkjc2018
Joining in
Message 17 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yes, I have just received the same email - on the phone now to Virgin Media to check, and if true I will be cancelling

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 18 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled and now on "my upgrades and offers" and on the upgrade your TV app it shows I can upgrade for £0.00.  I would like it for £0.00 extra a month, but not £9.99 extra a month.  Tempted to re-order and argue so I get Leinster v Munster, but life is too short and I already spent 30 minutes today getting it cancelled (which is a half an hour too long)

My upgrades & Offers

Screenshot 2018-09-17 19.46.51.png

upgrade your TV app  

Review your order

You are aboout to place an order for Premier Sports.  You will incur a partial charge of £0.00 between now and your next bill and thereafter your monthly bill will total £NN.NN.  If you wish to remove it later you can do so after you had it for 30 days.

Continue

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 19 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone chancing this to see if it is free at the moment?

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 20 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@arrgee1991 wrote:

I cancelled and now on "my upgrades and offers" and on the upgrade your TV app it shows I can upgrade for £0.00.  I would like it for £0.00 extra a month, but not £9.99 extra a month.  Tempted to re-order and argue so I get Leinster v Munster, but life is too short and I already spent 30 minutes today getting it cancelled (which is a half an hour too long)

My upgrades & Offers

Screenshot 2018-09-17 19.46.51.png

upgrade your TV app  

Review your order

You are aboout to place an order for Premier Sports.  You will incur a partial charge of £0.00 between now and your next bill and thereafter your monthly bill will total £NN.NN.  If you wish to remove it later you can do so after you had it for 30 days.

Continue

Still showing as £0.00/month today, so I am going to subscribe. Why do I have this vibe that it will all go wrong? I have kept screenshots with the current date and time showing.

0 Kudos