Menu
Raiza
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Re: Clarification that the free box upgrade is not free

On the website that DOES NOT WORK it has the make of box to be replaced already filled in for you by Virgin!!!!  It seems to me that ether no-one at Virgin has a clue what this upgrade is all about or, as suggested, it is a scam to relieve customers of even more money than they are coughing up now.  It is a disgrace Virgin!

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 72 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free TiVo box upgrade letter

Hi,

Apologies for the problems completing the upgrade online.

We've carried out some work on the site and you should now be able to complete the upgrade online.

Could you please try again and let us know if you see any further problems?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
MikeHol
Joining in
Message 73 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just done my order online. Well done Kev. 

Just so everyone knows- there’s a £30 charge if you want an engineer. It costs you £5 if you want it delivered to your home. It’s only free if you collect it yourself from a collection point. I chose this option and my collection point is my local petrol station. 

0 Kudos
Raiza
On our wavelength
Message 74 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Tried the website again and got as far as choosing to have it delivered and a day for delivery.  I then got an error message along the lines of  "Whoops!  we cannot process your upgrade.  Please call ...."  I have just done this and have been re-assured that a) it is free except for the £5 delivery charge and b) it will arrive in the next three working days.  I asked what would happen if I was out.  The nice chap on the phone said he thought I would be informed of the expected day/time.  I look forward to seeing what happens now.  To add insult to injury after this fiasco I got an email from Virgin telling me that they are raising my monthly payment!

0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 75 of 116
Flag for a moderator

what website did you use?ive misplaced my letter
0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 76 of 116
Flag for a moderator

can you please give me the website i should be ordering from please,misplaced the letter
0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 77 of 116
Flag for a moderator

i have found the website but after some advice,this is what it says 

Your First Virgin TV box and your Hub needs to be located within 3 metres of your other Virgin Media wall socket.

same room and upto 3 metres apart? my tv and box is in my living room and my hub (does this mean my broadband hub) is in the dining room,does this mean i need an engineer to visit?

0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 78 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I was due an engineer to visit on Wednesday 10th July,so I have just rang virgin to confirm and to ask regarding the hub being in another room,I was advised there is no engineer booked as I Apparently told them I didn't want to be upgraded!!!even though I never said that??why would I when my services would stop? I was informed that I do need an engineer out as the hub is in a different room to my TV and box,they have booked me in for the same date, I advised that when you order online there would be a 30 pound charge! The rep advised me it is free of charge for the engineer to come  out.im even more confused!!I asked her twice regarding the charge and she said it is free? As to whether the engineer will turn up its anyone's guess.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cezza_B
Tuning in
Message 79 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Website now working, just ordered my new box for collection

0 Kudos
Dqtuk
Tuning in
Message 80 of 116
Flag for a moderator

The link still does not work for me.

Keep getting the ooops something went wrong we cannot upgrade you online please ring a number.......wow.

SO,  i ring the number and guess what, im told thier is an insurance charge if i want the upgrade, i say the letter says free and then the phone is put down on me  lol.

Totally amazed , i will not spend hours on the phone to get an upgrade when its virgin who should be contacting me, im prefty sure if i stopped paying they would rinv me,lol.

0 Kudos