Menu
franklandb
Tuning in
Message 41 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free TiVo box upgrade letter

couldnt agree more - Ive tried all I can to get a replacement as they advised, now if they dont step up and deliver boxes seriously thinking of suing for breech of contract if they continue to charge me for multiroom when by their own admission  I wont be able to access what they are charging for

franklandb
Tuning in
Message 42 of 116
Flag for a moderator

If i end up having to take a day off work because they cant set up their website properly I will be deducting my days wages from my bill next month. This is ridiculous!

0 Kudos
franklandb
Tuning in
Message 43 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Had the same issues 3 hours of my time wasted and still no further forward NO ONE is answering - where is customer service???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
franklandb
Tuning in
Message 44 of 116
Flag for a moderator

me too

0 Kudos
Raiza
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I suppose I should be stunned that a tech company cannot sort out a simple error on a web page.  My belief is that they have already "filled in" the type of box that needs replacing and its number but the page is set up to expect the user to do this manually and therefore the error message appears.  A quick fix for even the students I used to teach web site design to.  COME ON VIRGIN! Get your act together asap and drop the charge for delivery as recompense.

0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I'm even more astounded that even the moderators have stopped replying to us.my box is due next Wednesday along with an engineer!!!as I said previously I've got no faith that its gonna happen.it looks like I'm going to have to ring again to make sure the appointment is definitely booked as I'm not taking half a day off work for nothing!!MODERATORS!!! get this matter sorted today!it looks like even you have given up,take ownership!!!!!!I work in customer services and I find this totally unacceptable. Compensation is definitely needed for the time we have all taken to try and order a box which should have been so simple. 

DRS64
Joining in
Message 47 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I've received the same letter today and as yet, have done nothing about it - partly because  I have looked on here and seen everyone else's problems with either trying to order the new box on line or trying to get through on the phone.  There's also the question of whether having the engineer call to install the box is charged to the customer. I hope not, because it is not the customer's fault that the box has to be replaced at all, so any and all costs must be incurred by VM.

As I said, I've done nothing about this yet, but my concerns are the same as everyone else's.......but assuming I do end up with a new upgraded box, do I lose everything currently recorded on my present box?  I am around 90 something per cent full up at the moment, so would lose a lot of programmes.  Is there a way they can be transferred over to the new box if I do have one?

0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I cannot answer the question regarding previous recordings as I cannot record with the box I've got now just scanned through the comments for today and noticed the moderators have not replied to anyone again!!!what is going on??surely they must have an answer for us now!!!!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 49 of 116
Flag for a moderator

yes you lose all recordings and they can/t be transferred

Mally_BUK
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Received my letter today offering me a free tivo  upgrade to replace my HD Box tried the website and as everyone else has mentioned you get the oops message on a page that has nothing to complete. The letter does state you only have until 31st July perhaps the scam is after that they charge you to replace it?

0 Kudos