Menu
Raiza
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free TiVo box upgrade letter

After this fiasco Virgin should give all who gave been inconvenienced in this way a discount.  I too have spent precious time web chatting, asking for a text to be sent (which told me to ring the usual phone number), calling said number and being met with total ignorance of this issue.  Makes me think I would be better off paying someone else (and Virgin is not cheap) to supply broadband, TV and phone.

0 Kudos
BlueGT
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 116
Flag for a moderator

This fiasco gets even better - today I received an email telling my service is rising by £4.50 a month in September.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 33 of 116
Flag for a moderator

'I received an email telling my service is rising by £4.50 a month in September'

just the yearly increase we all get and which sky and bt also have.
0 Kudos
BlueGT
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 116
Flag for a moderator

So just when are you going to sort this fiasco. Tried to order on line two minutes ago and still get same message “Ooops etc . . . .
0 Kudos
Dqtuk
Tuning in
Message 35 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Right, this offer is a scam.

I had to ring through to a different department just to get through seeing as the website xoes t work and neither does option 4.

I then explained why i had rang to be told there was a charge, insurance payment they claimed, a one off payment incae it broke within the first 3 months.

I explained the letter said FREE yet all i got was you pay the insurance or you dont get it.

I ended the call with a simple , in that case i will refuse the upgrade and contact citizens advice, this offer must be completely free as the letter states or its fraud.

Once my old box stops working they will need to send a box out to offer me the services i pay for along with an engineer to install it totally free or they are breaking the terms and conditions of their own contracts,lol.  

Then i can leave free of charge even if im still under contract and ill happily go to a rival.

0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I think we have all completely had enough!!! WHY have the virgin team who monitors this forum not replied to any of these questions today!!!! As per my previous posts I have got an engineer coming out on 10th July to bring me a TiVo box,as it could not be posted ?????I was advised this is all free of charge. In honesty I don't think anyone will turn up .The virgin team should be in conversations with all of us individually and get the boxes out asap!!I don't really know what more I can say about this matter. We all pay good money to them and it isnt our doing that the boxes we have are going to be unsupported.

0 Kudos
franklandb
Tuning in
Message 37 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Re: free upgrade on Tivo box

Having the same issues, the website link doesnt work and no help on line,tried text service -just an automated response. Going to have to resort to the thinking of leaving as Iv had enough of crap customer service. If my box has to be upgraded why dont they just send me a new one insted of all this hassle !!

0 Kudos
franklandb
Tuning in
Message 38 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Have been trying for over a week it is ridiculous that they can even reapir their own website!

0 Kudos
franklandb
Tuning in
Message 39 of 116
Flag for a moderator

completely agree this is beyond a joke. send us the equipment we need to get the service we are payng for . we should NOT have to be arranging this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
franklandb
Tuning in
Message 40 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I have lost all faith in Virgin over this - absolute shambles

0 Kudos